Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Another excellent game, was also great last week.

McKay last week - 1 goal
Hogan this week - no goals

He's doing everything we want him to do and thats stop the oppositions power forward.

Reactions: 10 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Is a really good pick-up for the Tigers
Has done everything asked of him in his two games in the Yellow and Black
Will only get better once the structures and game plan become second-nature.

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
He is a handy pickup. Late in Q4 I yelled out to him how it felt playing for a team that wins. Smile on face.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I was happy when he came over and the last 2 weeks shows how good he is.
Pure stopper

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Our defence was ok last week, when you are getting killed in the middle it is damned impossible to stop. Today they were very good.

It is a team defence and Tarrant is fitting in pretty well for only 2 games in our team. Looks to be exactly what was on the box - an older experienced defender who can bolster our defence after a couple of retirements and a new crop learning the trade.

Good move to get him and glad he came.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Our defence was ok last week, when you are getting killed in the middle it is damned impossible to stop. Today they were very good.

Said this at the time. Given how non-competitive the midfield was in large patches last week, the defence was better than okay in round 1.

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Today his game has won me round as he led the defence so well. For a while I thought Astbury was back but with dyed hair! The best complement I can give him!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Today his game has won me round as he led the defence so well. For a while I thought Astbury was back but with dyed hair! The best complement I can give him!
THought he was too old and slow but as usual I am looking like I am wrong

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
For mine the best thing to come out of yesterday was how well we defended, without the leadership of Grimes, Vlastuin, Astbury and Houli

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Robbie Tarrant’s smooth Tigerland transition has drawn high praise from one of his new backline teammates, Jayden Short.

“He’s been amazing ever since he’s come to the Club,” Short said on 3AW.

“I love the bloke and I just love having him by my side.

“You just know what he’s going to bring every week. It’s just 100 percent intensity and effort.

“To look behind you and know you have ‘Taz’ there, it’s just amazing.

“I’m very grateful that we were able to get him and that he came across because I’m loving playing with him.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1090221/short-s-glowing-tribute-to-tarrant

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Playing like a old man. Slow giving away to many holding frees and looks lost at time.
think this one will turn out to be a mistak.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got to feel for him.
Left North to play finals.
That ain't happening

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Was brought in to play on the big forwards and kill the aerial contest. He's doing that, and did that for most of yesterday. Unfortunately when the midfield all but gave up applying any pressure, he was on a hiding to nothing. With Grimes out of the game, and Gibcus struggling yesterday, everything just fell apart late.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Was brought in to play on the big forwards and kill the aerial contest. He's doing that, and did that for most of yesterday. Unfortunately when the midfield all but gave up applying any pressure, he was on a hiding to nothing. With Grimes out of the game, and Gibcus struggling yesterday, everything just fell apart late.

Agree. Particularly when Grimes went down (not that he was playing well), we were a tall short and it showed.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
If not for the Grimes injury and missing midfield he would have toweled up another Key Forward in his first 3 games for us. Look elsewhere. Tarrant ain't the problem. Doing his job and doing it very well actually.