Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

Playing like a old man. Slow giving away to many holding frees and looks lost at time.
think this one will turn out to be a mistak.

Rubbish. I went to both of the 1st 2 games (decided not to yesterday as I moved house over the weekend). He hasn't played old in any game. Blanketed McKay in Round 1 and blanketed Hogan last week. He then blanked King for 3 quarters before the midfield *smile* the bed. If the Saints get such clean ball movement out of the middle, with the size of King, frankly no defender actually stands a chance really. The importance of pressure on the kicker, to give the defender a chance, giving someone as big as King the ability to mark in space results in what happens in the 4th yesterday.

Reactions: 9 users
If not for the Grimes injury and missing midfield he would have toweled up another Key Forward in his first 3 games for us. Look elsewhere. Tarrant ain't the problem. Doing his job and doing it very well actually.
A lot of "ifs" there.

He has been solid.
He destroyed McKay round 1
He destroyed Hogan who loves bending us over in round 2.
And he was on that dud for 3 qtrs and was shifted off him in the last qtr.
He has been good.

Reactions: 4 users
He is currently our only experienced KPD (ignoring the versatile Broad for the moment) and it is up to him to hold the defence together and help our kids grow into the game.

Reactions: 1 user
He is currently our only experienced KPD (ignoring the versatile Broad for the moment) and it is up to him to hold the defence together and help our kids grow into the game.
Broad yet to play 100 games which could be easily argued as the threshold for "experienced"

Tends to give a few holding the man free kicks away , but has been pretty solid. Not his fault the ball for long stretches has been coming inside 50 at a rate of knots.

Broad yet to play 100 games which could be easily argued as the threshold for "experienced"
Being a bit pedantic there. Anyone who has played as many games as Broad has done, has three premiership medals, played reasonably to well in most of the games and has improved year on year is experienced in my book

Reactions: 2 users
Spent time with his brother yesterday.
Reckons Robbie is loving it at the Tigers.
Loves Dimma.
Can’t believe how much more professional our training standards are compared to North.

Reactions: 6 users
Spent time with his brother yesterday.
Reckons Robbie is loving it at the Tigers.
Loves Dimma.
Can’t believe how much more professional our training standards are compared to North.
I wish he was 5 years younger.

Again showed tonight why he has been such a valuable pick up for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Smart piece of recruiting given our position

Right now he is our senior experienced defender so he needs to use his experience on Gibcus and Miller to be the best out of them at the weekend
Tarranat did OK but nothing earth shattering but competent plus he was their helping on kids in defence so happy with that