Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
got the email. it says "all eligible 2021 Club reserved seat and reserved bay members who successfully entered the round 1 ballot will be allocated a ticket should crowd capacity remain at 50%"

Last edited:

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Aaah...fingers crossed I get an email and t i get

Being a reserved seat member I have some hope still that I get the nod to go

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
got the email. it says "all eligible 2021 Club reserved seat and reserved bay members who successfully entered the round 1 ballot will be allocated a ticket should crowd capacity remain at 50%"

The age article today implied that the home team will get the majority of club allocated tickets - hope that happens.

Reactions: 1 users

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Got the email. Appears that all members in the ballot (reserved seat, reserved area) will get a seat which is great.

Other good news means that General Admission members will be able to have a crack.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
WE'RE BAAAAACCCK!
Got the email saying we'd been approved n seat allocations will be forthcoming.

Woo farking hooooo.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, looking good and hopefully GA members get a decent crack at getting in too.

DS

I predicted earlier in this thread that most of (if not all) our reserved seat members will get a ticket. Mainly because people are still spooked from COVID and are reluctant to attend such a large crowd gathering. The numbers at sporting events in Melbourne since boxing day supports this.

The MCG public reserve has 54,000 tickets. That means 27,000 are available for this game. 5,000 to Carlton means 22,000 for Richmond. There are about 20,000 Richmond reserved seat holders. I reckon 75% at most would have applied for tickets (probably less). By my estimate, that leaves about 7-8,000 available for GA members (possibly more).

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I predicted earlier in this thread that most of (if not all) our reserved seat members will get a ticket. Mainly because people are still spooked from COVID and are reluctant to attend such a large crowd gathering. The numbers at sporting events in Melbourne since boxing day supports this.

The MCG public reserve has 54,000 tickets. That means 27,000 are available for this game. 5,000 to Carlton means 22,000 for Richmond. There are about 20,000 Richmond reserved seat holders. I reckon 75% at most would have applied for tickets (probably less). By my estimate, that leaves about 7-8,000 available for GA members (possibly more).

Fair point, the crowds at the Test were not as large as I thought they would be.

Given this the GA members should get a look in.

Somehow I doubt we will get much opportunity to go to away games until crowd sizes are back to normal but I think that is reasonable given that clubs really need to deliver to members who paid but got to see no games last year.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Somehow I doubt we will get much opportunity to go to away games until crowd sizes are back to normal but I think that is reasonable given that clubs really need to deliver to members who paid but got to see no games last year.

This poses more questions. Do we know how Carlton are allocating their tix for R1?

We have Hawthorn away in R2, which is in 19 days. You would think the club will be releasing information about this soon. How will it work? Do 16 game members get priority? Will it be first in best dressed?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This poses more questions. Do we know how Carlton are allocating their tix for R1?

We have Hawthorn away in R2, which is in 19 days. You would think the club will be releasing information about this soon. How will it work? Do 16 game members get priority? Will it be first in best dressed?

Yeah I would think H&A / 16 game members would get priority over away tickets, similar to priority being provided to reserved seat members. Those members paid for that priority so should be provided it.

I'm not a 16 game member, I'd probably normally go to the game against the Hawks but doubt I will this year, though I do think we will get more tickets than what we will give Carlton. Whilst Hawks seem to have a lot of members, their attendances don't seem to mirror this.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I would think H&A / 16 game members would get priority over away tickets, similar to priority being provided to reserved seat members. Those members paid for that priority so should be provided it.

I'm not a 16 game member, I'd probably normally go to the game against the Hawks but doubt I will this year, though I do think we will get more tickets than what we will give Carlton. Whilst Hawks seem to have a lot of members, their attendances don't seem to mirror this.

Agree, but its more complicated than that.

How much will R2 tickets cost? If we go into a ballot, will we have to pay for whatever ticket gets allocated to us, much like the GF? Will there be an option to choose your preferred ticket category? I wanna go to the Hawthorn game, but I don't fancy paying $50-$60 for a ticket.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree, but its more complicated than that.

How much will R2 tickets cost? If we go into a ballot, will we have to pay for whatever ticket gets allocated to us, much like the GF? Will there be an option to choose your preferred ticket category? I wanna go to the Hawthorn game, but I don't fancy paying $50-$60 for a ticket.

Thats a fair call, but I assume as 16 game members have already paid, then theres will be in an area they'd normally get.

The rest will likely be 1st come best dressed with ticketek I'd think, choose your category as normal etc. I would also expect this to be restricted to members, ie. enter your barcode then select what tickets you want, like a finals game IMO.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Thats a fair call, but I assume as 16 game members have already paid, then theres will be in an area they'd normally get.
Most 16 game member entitlements are for general admission only (subject to availability). They have to pay the difference to upgrade to a reserved seat dependent upon the area the seat is in.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Waiting is back Baby,
I thought I would post this here as it’s nearing the first round.

I wanted to personally thank the many posts, messages and personal messages sent to me while I was away.

To those living in Melbourne who have written beautiful , touching, advice and showed an unexpected compassion to me, I would like to return a little back. A thank you .

Where: Changed to the London before the game between the Tigers vs the Blues?

Date :March 18

Time : 5.30 ish for a drink then you can head off to the game.
No bookings are being taken just walk-ins. I can buy you a drink and we can all chat outside??

Address: 238 Lennox St Richmond

PM me if you would like to meet the ‘nutcase’ behind the name. I will be there around the time.

Waiting.

If it’s going to be hard maybe we can wait till such time that we can sit inside???

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Most 16 game member entitlements are for general admission only (subject to availability). They have to pay the difference to upgrade to a reserved seat dependent upon the area the seat is in.
Is that correct? Are all available seats under COVID restrictions, reserved?

If that's the case then I'm happy to watch at home while restrictions are in place. Been standing for many years and expect standing room will be off limits, but I won't pay extra for a seat I don't want. A second 16-game membership season without seeing a game would require the club to offer something substantial for me to be involved in 2022. I suggest half-price membership or equivalent.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Is that correct? Are all available seats under COVID restrictions, reserved?

If that's the case then I'm happy to watch at home while restrictions are in place. Been standing for many years and expect standing room will be off limits, but I won't pay extra for a seat I don't want. A second 16-game membership season without seeing a game would require the club to offer something substantial for me to be involved in 2022. I suggest half-price membership or equivalent.
I don't know if standing room is off limits under covid restrictions or whether you have to pay for a seat if you already have general admission. For example I reckon decent seats for 16 game members would be pretty scarce when we play Essendon, Melbourne or Hawthorn.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't know if standing room is off limits under covid restrictions or whether you have to pay for a seat if you already have general admission. For example I reckon decent seats for 16 game members would be pretty scarce when we play Essendon, Melbourne or Hawthorn.
There hasn't been a statement about standing room that I've seen. The AFL and clubs probably don't want to deter potential members. If it's forbidden for now then it makes sense and I accept it.

The general admission seats I expect will be up in the nosebleeds. Will give it a try up there if that's what's on offer, but might be better off watching at home given my eyesight isn't improving and the familiar faces from standing will be scattered elsewhere. However if required to pay extra for a seat up the top, I'll give attending a miss until such time as the restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: 1 user