Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
im still wondering what happens if we dont get a Ticket for Round 1 do we get one for Next Home Game

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Waiting is back Baby,
I thought I would post this here as it’s nearing the first round.

I wanted to personally thank the many posts, messages and personal messages sent to me while I was away.

To those living in Melbourne who have written beautiful , touching, advice and showed an unexpected compassion to me, I would like to return a little back. A thank you .

Where: Royal Hotel before the game between the Tigers vs the Blues?

Date :March 18

Time : 5.30 ish for a drink then you can head off to the game.
No bookings are being taken just walk-ins. I can buy you a drink and we can all chat outside??

Address: 287 Punt Road Richmond

PM me if you would like to meet the ‘nutcase’ behind the name. I will be there around the time.

Waiting.

If it’s going to be hard maybe we can wait till such time that we can sit inside???
There will be a few of us @ The London if you wanted to call in there.

Look for the blokes wearing yellow & black :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There hasn't been a statement about standing room that I've seen. The AFL and clubs probably don't want to deter potential members. If it's forbidden for now then it makes sense and I accept it.

The general admission seats I expect will be up in the nosebleeds. Will give it a try up there if that's what's on offer, but might be better off watching at home given my eyesight isn't improving and the familiar faces from standing will be scattered elsewhere. However if required to pay extra for a seat up the top, I'll give attending a miss until such time as the restrictions are lifted.

I much prefer standing too despite being vertically challenged. Hate the nosebleed seats. Turns out I only have a 3 game membership as a consequence of being OS last year, will try to upgrade to the 16 game but its hard to get through.

May have to watch this one from home.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have a Roaming Tiger Home and Away membership, which I figure is a 16 game membership.

The away games are just general admission although I do tend to upgrade to a seat quite often, and it does cost.

My impression is that, given there is no General Admission at the moment, it will be stay at home and watch it on TV, or find some way to watch on TV given I refuse to pay for television.

Hoping there might be some General Admission later in the year. Can't see myself getting admission to round 2 at this stage.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
email to GA members on Monday
tickets on sale from 1pm Tuesday
must use link in Monday's email to book entry
zero additional cost
no mention of standing room

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I got the email so looks like even 3 game (Tiger Insider) members have a chance. In the process of upgrading membership now anyway.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sounds hopeful for GA members, looking good.

If there were no restrictions I figure we would get 90k but there will be some who won't want to be part of a big crowd which will reduce the numbers a bit.

We'll see how this develops over the next few months.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This poses more questions. Do we know how Carlton are allocating their tix for R1?
Carlscum only get the tickets that we allow them to have. Far as I'm concerned we should make the players n coaches by tickets off us n the Prez n his mates can bring a plate n their own sippins to the pre match shindig.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I recall reading in an article that the home team will be allocated all of the tickets (except AFL/MCC) and will have the discretion on how the tickets will be allocated.

Home teams have been encouraged to use almost all of that allocation with potentially a small portion of 1,000 or so going to the away team cheer squad.

If my recollection is correct, this means two things, we, and all teams, will enjoy a overwhelming majority crowd for home games and; we might have little change of going to away games whilst 50% capacity is in place (AFL/MCC might have more of a chance).

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Are the games interstate also at 50% capacity?

I certainly hope that closer to match day the cap is increased to 75%

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I know I am jumping ahead. For round 4 when we play port in Adelaide has anyone got tickets for this game yet. Thanks.