Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Re: Welcome Sam Lloyd

Stylo said:
Reminds me of Mark Merenda a bit

yep, that's who I was thinking of. for a small guy he takes some nice marks.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Always glad to see a boy from Frankston VFL get a go, hope he kills them!

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne

Tiger Ghost said:
Hoping he will thrive at an AFL club, has so much natural ability. Could be an absolute steal

Hope so as well TG - that's what clubs should look for in the 60's natural footballers needing a chance.
Looking forward to watching our VFL side to see these guys & our kids develop & push for senior selection.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart

I'm no expert, far from it in fact, but of the three new recruits I thought his highlights real was the best. Doesn't mean much (especially coming from me), but looks like we have something to work with there.

Welcome aboard Ted Buckland.

Sam+Lloyd+38809570.jpg

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Wowsers his highlights reel is pretty exciting
There's enough on it to suggest its a good indicator.

He moves well - has great positioning - takes screamers - marks them high - his right foot skills are impressive and he snaps goals with the left too (but apparently only when he really has to) - his snap decision making is pretty good and he really knows where the goals are - he kicks fades and draws with his set shots: Lee Westwood would love him

A Google search later

He was a Geelong Falcon who didn't get drafted in 07-08. He went to the Deniliquen Rams (NSW) and then to Mt Eliza ( MPFL); got spotted by Essendon who added then to the Bendigo squad. He then joins Frankston (next door to Mt Eliza) and FJ and co watched him from there. Just a good little natural footballer who kept working hard apparently.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

DirtyDogTiger said:
Wowsers his highlights reel is pretty exciting
Am thinking that a "highlights reel" that wasn't "pretty exciting" would probably not be a highlights reel in the first place!!!

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

Tiger Rob said:
I'm no expert, far from it in fact, but of the three new recruits I thought his highlights real was the best. Doesn't mean much (especially coming from me), but looks like we have something to work with there.

Welcome aboard Ted Buckland.

Sam+Lloyd+38809570.jpg

"What's a Buckland?"
"It's a large, predominately hairless growth, never found on women."
"Oh."
"It's your last name, Ted."

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Tenacious said:
Am thinking that a "highlights reel" that wasn't "pretty exciting" would probably not be a highlights reel in the first place!!!

True but it's better than I expected. I've yawned through some of them that go top ten in the draft. This kid can play and has party tricks that other players won't even try.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

Tiger Ghost said:
Hoping he will thrive at an AFL club, has so much natural ability. Could be an absolute steal

Could be is the key word here.

Unfortunately is the naturally talented ones who often don't work hard enough and just bumble through their careers..see Dan Conners.

Hopefully he knuckles down and gets himself AFL fit and gets a crack at it in 2014.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

Not only a replacement for Nahas but maybe King too. There were a couple of great tackles in his highlights, and you'd think he wouldn't have been recruited if he didn't have a defensive side to his game.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Tenacious said:

Depends on the sort of excitement you're after. McGuane's comical versus Cotchin's godly for example.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Great highlight package. His in packs, kicking goals from anywhere, loves to take grab. I reckon he could be there in round 1 next to Riewoldt

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

His highlights reel show him to be an outstanding set shot at goal, the goal umpires hardly had to move.
Looks like he went to the Plugger Lockett school of goal kicking.
Could be an inspired draft selection. Good luck to him.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

tigerman said:
His highlights reel show him to be an outstanding set shot at goal, the goal umpires hardly had to move.
Looks like he went to the Plugger Lockett school of goal kicking.

They edited out the points and OOB. ;D