SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah the process was rubbish and broke their own rules, no doubt. Don't condone it at all.

Lynch's reaction told the story and no, ARC shouldn't take that into account either so don't @ me either.

Still spewing Lynch screwed the pooch and then 5 defenders screwed another closely related pooch 30 seconds later.

Richmondy.
Lynch’s reaction was hands out as in “I don’t know”. But it’s not his job to adjudicate whether it’s a goal. That’s the goal umpires job and he said “I think it’s a goal”.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lynch’s reaction was hands out as in “I don’t know”. But it’s not his job to adjudicate whether it’s a goal. That’s the goal umpires job and he said “I think it’s a goal”.

At that point in the game with everything at stake, where a goal would seal the Elimination Final, he's a bloody idiot for not celebrating like he kicked it true if he just didn't know.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
At that point in the game with everything at stake, where a goal would seal the Elimination Final, he's a bloody idiot for not celebrating like he kicked it true if he just didn't know.
In hindsight yeah ( now that we know a players reaction is part of the ARC review…) but in the heat of the moment his natural reaction took over. Of course in the future we,ll probably see players celebrate goals that may be dubious.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not really with hindsight though. Celebrating liked you scored when it's close has been done by hundreds of footballers over the decades. If the goal umpire is in doubt, you try to sway his opinion by celebrating.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Had to laugh when Dunstall said Lynch gave it away by not celebrating. Dunstall looked like a nightclub bouncer after kicking each goal of his career.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
No one questions the afl is the problem we still get screwed if we do or don't so go ahead. We should be demanding this morning we're is the conclusive evidence it was a point and make it public cannot believe media keep quite this is cheating.

you could use better grammar, but essentially i agree.

I know Lynch claimed publicly he didn’t see it due to the lights, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club told him to play a straight bat to avoid flaming the controversy. To me, his body language suggested he was miffed at to why they needed to go to the review. Clearly Harris Andrews knew the truth.

TODAYa.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tommystigers

Demetriou, McLachlan, Dillon. Just why?
Oct 6, 2004
If ever there was a case for a club challenging a games result based on a corrupt/crooked decision, last night was the game. A decision was made that was basically illegal. There was insufficient evidence to overturn an umpire decision that directly resulted in the wrong team winning.

Richmond should appeal the AFL... with Lawyers to overturn the game result...FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME!

If and when a team actually challenges these crap Umpiring decisions that are totally corrupt, the CORRUPT CORPORATE AFL will keep making these corrupt decisions based on self interest. Someone has to stand up for the integrity of the game, and make it so the AFL doesnt dare pull this sht as they know they are going to be challenged and the game disrupted.

Richmond has a clear cut case to push the AFL into territory they dont want to go. Someone has to make a stand against this corporate corruption, or ths will continue forever.

The best chance of this happening would be a betting agency that got screwed and lost serious coin.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'd like to appeal to Tom Lynch to kick the ball straighter from 4m out. Control what you can.
It's just ridiculous that you keep going om with this line of nonsense. So, you want him to kick a equired hook kick straighter so it would definitely miss, rather that GO BETWEEN THE STICKS, as it actually did.
He was on a pretty tight angle on his wrong foot;

I know Lynch claimed publicly he didn’t see it due to the lights, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club told him to play a straight bat to avoid flaming the controversy. To me, his body language suggested he was miffed at to why they needed to go to the review. Clearly Harris Andrews knew the truth.

View attachment 16630
Exactly. I'm so sick of naff posters on here still peddling this crap line. LNYCH'S REACTION IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT or AS VALID AS ANDREWS'S.

Is there a secret Friends of Gil and the ARC group on here?

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'd like to appeal to Tom Lynch to kick the ball straighter from 4m out. Control what you can.
He did kick the goal; other evidence has been provided on PRE that I find conclusive and far more credible that the hopeless cheat of the dismissive ARC verdict which should have been Umpire's Call by their own rules. Either way it was our goal so we were cheated out of a victory. In regard to this matter - goal or not - nothing else is relevant.
If you disagree still, show everyone on PRE definitive evidence that it was NOT a goal (none of the extremely dubious footage provided thus far) please.

Further to your above words:
- given he decided to employ a hook kick, 'straighter' is patently absurd as it would have propelled it more inaccurately, probably outside the far post
- he was on the wrong side for a right footer, making the shot more difficult, hence the kick choice. Some posters have questioned if he was given a harsher angle than correct for where he marked it. That was my impression but need to examine again
- a goal is decided upon whether the ball goes between the big posts; not only if it bisects these posts (also irrelevant)
- Lynch kicked very well on the night for 3 long goals. The other long shot he missed in Q4 was more culpable, but no-one kicks them all. You can go back and criticise every missed shot by all players though. To prove what?

It was a goal. Lynch kicked it. ARC decision was daylight robbery. Your point is errant nonsense.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Lynch should have kicked that goal, and we all know it was a point, ARC stuff-ups regardless.
To my relief Snake has dealt with the whole of your post very appropriately. However, could not let this go without comment.

One of your most unbelievably stupid statements. For starters, maybe read many of your fellow posters on PRE before you come up with such statements of breathtaking ignorance.

[Btw, are you prez of 'Friends of Gil' association by any chance? Or maybe a sponsor of the current ARC system?]

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think its very important to separate the issues.

1. The governing bodies processes failed spectacularlly

2. Richmond werent good enough to win.
It is true, we werent good enough to win, we were good enough to be 3 points in front with 2 minutes left, for our key forward to take a mark 5 mtrs out and for our key forward to kick the ball between the big posts. unfortunately tho we werent good enough to win.

by the way how *smile* are Brisbane, their best mid plays the best game of his career, their 2 tall small forwards actually manage to kick some goals in a high pressure game, we make mistake after mistake after mistake, and they still rely on a bad goal review to win, at home.

I will be amazed if they get within 8 goals of Melb this week.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

View attachment 16630

I reckon Lynch was remonstrating because Andrews moved of the mark right in front of the umpire to did anyone see that.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
To my relief Snake has dealt with the whole of your post very appropriately. However, could not let this go without comment.

One of your most unbelievably stupid statements. For starters, maybe read many of your fellow posters on PRE before you come up with such statements of breathtaking ignorance.

[Btw, are you prez of 'Friends of Gil' association by any chance? Or maybe a sponsor of the current ARC system?]

Me and snake have no issue Leon.

Enjoy your day dude.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Me and snake have no issue Leon.

Enjoy your day dude.
Who are you calling 'dude'? As I've told you before, weird 70s lingo. Just defunct.

But you probably want to get back to "screw(ing) the pooch" ?? Your words again. [Is this an animal welfare issue?]
Not sure what world you 're living in, but you're welcome to it. Just don't ever pretend to talk for all Tigers supporters as you did with that bizarre Lynch statement.
But I suppose 'bizarre is you", right?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Think my favourite thing about this is the way two weeks ago umpires were a bunch of corrupt cheats who passionately hate Richmond and will do anything to take us down.

Now they are highly-trained, skilled, professional and should have their decisions respected. :ROFLMAO:

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Exactly. How we could lose to that rabble there beggars belief.

We lost, own it.

And to make matters worse if we got over them we'd be playing a rubbish Melbourne at the G next week.

why should we own a decision, never before made by others, at total odds with that written in black & white?

you do agree if no overturn we would have won?

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The afl are always gonna back the system otherwise they open themselves up to litigation from all angles , I’d like to think our chiefs call a meeting and go *smile* bezerk behind closed doors , there is simply no acceptable explanation for that overule on available evidence

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
We’d need to engage a permanent part time QC.

I think there should be a Royal Commission into the afl’s governance and decision making given the corruption, lack of integrity and transparency in a business that has so much influence on the general population’s health and well-being.
C’mon Albo, bring the hammer down on these smug pricks

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
I think its very important to separate the issues.

1. The governing bodies processes failed spectacularlly

2. Richmond werent good enough to win.

i think its very important not to seperate the issues.

if 1. doesn't happen, 2. doesn't happen.