SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Who are you calling 'dude'? As I've told you before, weird 70s lingo. Just defunct.

But you probably want to get back to "screw(ing) the pooch" ?? Your words again. [Is this an animal welfare issue?]
Not sure what world you 're living in, but you're welcome to it. Just don't ever pretend to talk for all Tigers supporters as you did with that bizarre Lynch statement.
But I suppose 'bizarre is you", right?

OK man, keep on truckin'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
We’d need to engage a permanent part time QC.

I think there should be a Royal Commission into the afl’s governance and decision making given the corruption, lack of integrity and transparency in a business that has so much influence on the general population’s health and well-being.
C’mon Albo, bring the hammer down on these smug pricks
I’ve oft mused that the umpires dept should be an independent body in which case they would be free from the manipulation and coercion from bs castle it wouldn’t guarantee we don’t see decisions like this However it would go some way to restoring integrity back into the game

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It is true, we werent good enough to win, we were good enough to be 3 points in front with 2 minutes left, for our key forward to take a mark 5 mtrs out and for our key forward to kick the ball between the big posts. unfortunately tho we werent good enough to win.

by the way how *smile* are Brisbane, their best mid plays the best game of his career, their 2 tall small forwards actually manage to kick some goals in a high pressure game, we make mistake after mistake after mistake, and they still rely on a bad goal review to win, at home.

I will be amazed if they get within 8 goals of Melb this week.
So limp and defeatist! Kind of surprised from you. So we didn't lose. We had a decision stolen that cost us a goal, for starters. BTW, the ensuing Brions goal, we never know would have happened - centre bounce, sliding doors, totally unknown, hypothetical.

The dismissal of Brions is also weak and groundless. I dislike mindless opposition contempt; I prefer to respect my opponents - why? Because it's a dumb mistake not to; how good do you look after they come out and defeat you after you've heaped crap on them? I regard most interstate teams as having a 3-5 goal advantage at home anyway.

But, at the G, our recent HG, sure, great comeback by us from -7 goals. But still only got there because several of their players missed very gettable shots. Too many on PRE who rubbished them pre-final conveniently forgot about that.

Sure, we made terrible mistakes, but it's finals. All teams do. Still awaiting definitive proof we lost though.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So limp and defeatist! Kind of surprised from you. So we didn't lose. We had a decision stolen that cost us a goal, for starters. BTW, the ensuing Brions goal, we never know would have happened - centre bounce, sliding doors, totally unknown, hypothetical.

The dismissal of Brions is also weak and groundless. I dislike mindless opposition contempt; I prefer to respect my opponents - why? Because it's a dumb mistake not to; how good do you look after they come out and defeat you after you've heaped crap on them? I regard most interstate teams as having a 3-5 goal advantage at home anyway.

But, at the G, our recent HG, sure, great comeback by us from -7 goals. But still only got there because several of their players missed very gettable shots. Too many on PRE who rubbished them pre-final conveniently forgot about that.

Sure, we made terrible mistakes, but it's finals. All teams do. Still awaiting definitive proof we lost though.
Dude, stick to arguing with Angry Anderson and leave me out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Oops. Thought I saw your name on the post. Must have got it wrong, Dude. (Such a silly familiar, but if that's what you and Ant relate to, who am I to differ?)

Will be getting back to you re the Gibcus topic too. Wait - here it is now.

Any inkling what I was getting at, but didn't want to make too .... blunt. now, post-final game?

Couldn't get back to you close to the game for a few reasons, the distraction over the Dusty leak being just one. But short answer was, btw, yes, we need 7th defender on the bench. But I still retained my view that young Gibbo was a risk, signs of not being quite ready yet. Miller was the ideal D7, if not for being converted into a (quite effective) 2nd ruck. Interestingly, I believe he spent quite a lot of game-time in defence anyway. I was prepared to make JG sub though; as long as Sonsie was not left out; he played a fine game too.

The other answer was to use Short back so another D7 option. He proved again he's not a big game mid IMO. But it's hard to use a short when oppo has 3/4 tall KPFs (but lost McIn.) I guess in the end, we were caught between a rock and a hard place missing Grimes - as was young Josh.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Oops. Thought I saw your name on the post. Must have got it wrong, Dude. (Such a silly familiar, but if that's what you and Ant relate to, who am I to differ?)

Will be getting back to you re the Gibcus topic too. Wait - here it is now.

Any inkling what I was getting at, but didn't want to make too .... blunt. now, post-final game?

Couldn't get back to you close to the game for a few reasons, the distraction over the Dusty leak being just one. But short answer was, btw, yes, we need 7th defender on the bench. But I still retained my view that young Gibbo was a risk, signs of not being quite ready yet. Miller was the ideal D7, if not for being converted into a (quite effective) 2nd ruck. Interestingly, I believe he spent quite a lot of game-time in defence anyway. I was prepared to make JG sub though; as long as Sonsie was not left out; he played a fine game too.

The other answer was to use Short back so another D7 option. He proved again he's not a big game mid IMO. But it's hard to use a short when oppo has 3/4 tall KPFs (but lost McIn.) I guess in the end, we were caught between a rock and a hard place missing Grimes - as was young Josh.
blatant hijack on the full

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I've found just being polite to Leon is more effective than arguing with him. He gets more and more furious but eventually tires himself out.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah the process was rubbish and broke their own rules, no doubt. Don't condone it at all.

Lynch's reaction told the story and no, ARC shouldn't take that into account either so don't @ me either.

Still spewing Lynch screwed the pooch and then 5 defenders screwed another closely related pooch 30 seconds later.

Richmondy.
He didn’t know because he couldn’t see, he was looking directly into the lights. That has been explained. He said it on the ground at the time. Unfortunately I think the ARC has based its decision largely on his reaction. As have posters here and a lot of the media.
The footage from behind Lynch is hard to ignore and suggests it was a goal.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Think my favourite thing about this is the way two weeks ago umpires were a bunch of corrupt cheats who passionately hate Richmond and will do anything to take us down.

Now they are highly-trained, skilled, professional and should have their decisions respected. :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think anyone has ever complained about goal umpires?
And this is about an off field review system and lack of transparency?
The on field umpires were their typical pedantic incompetent selves. Business as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
From memory, in the whole history of the vfl/afl, only 2 challenges to results have been upheld, resulting in different winners after the game. Both involved the saints. The most recent one was a few years back and was the “Sirengate” game in Tassie. The only other one I can think of was way back in 1900!!!
Very rare a complaint is official and rarer that a result is overturned

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Think my favourite thing about this is the way two weeks ago umpires were a bunch of corrupt cheats who passionately hate Richmond and will do anything to take us down.

Now they are highly-trained, skilled, professional and should have their decisions respected. :ROFLMAO:
Umpires not goal umpires. Unless they get got at. Different beasts altogether.

You might have missed how many times JR and TL were molested at every opportunity. And missed Andrew’s stepping forward off the mark on the goal we were cheated out of ( no 50m penalty) or Andrew’s cold stone htb not paid at the top of the goal square. Etc etc

Did you notice the corrupt cheating field umpire refer the goal to the ARC?
They can gagf
:giggle:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
A
I've found just being polite to Leon is more effective than arguing with him. He gets more and more furious but eventually tires himself out.
Another error. You're not being polite; just go missing when challenged ... mumbling stuff like ... dude ... screw the pooch ... dude .... go Gil!!

Bereft of any specific responses over and over.
So why post such crappy views; as if you are representing views of all Tigers fans about this issue? Do you even read the recent posts on a thread?