Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I call it as I see it, good and bad. It's your bias showing, not mine.

If I had posted that I thought Steve Hocking was no good then you wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but because it is Malcolm Speed you get defensive.

Not really. I let the first one through to the keeper because it sounded like sour grapes, or he ignored you at a function once. I just called you out the second time when you doubled down and invoked the "other people too" argument.

If I had to point out every time you try to bring our club or personnel down, I'd seriously think about writing an auto-reply script to keep up.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jack said in that infamous Good For Footy forum with Grimesy that Bakes is the best he's seen by foot since Sam Mitchell. ..... along with saying he's a much better bloke too! (Obviously not a fan!)

I've compared Bakes to Mitchell before too (as a footballer), such a good kick off both feet, hard and nuggety. Would love him in the midfield rotation as he gets further into his career.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
*smile* media arseholes. Nearly had a cark it attack n fell of me chair this morning.
Just quietly going through me sports pages in the Hun n the headline Stack out for season appears. *smile* head article was about Brid Stack the Irish AFLW Gee Whizz player who cracked a vertebrae in her first game.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Has a pretty impressive CV. ;)

I once worked with/for a guy who had a "very impressive" CV. He took over a very profitable division of the Co. Within 12 months he'd decimated that workplace & reduced it an absolute shambles. 3 months later he was "offered a package".

The Company's CEO apologised to the workers for "putting them through the turmoil of the last period of time".

That particular person later became an MP in a Victorian Liberal Government.

I take "impressive CVs" with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yes, that would be the pessimist view and a chance to take another swipe at an AFL person.

But more often than not, an impressive CV stands up to scrutiny.

Exactly my point.
I see I've touched a nerve so I'll just respond on the quality of Hocking's CV.
Geelong Player
Geelong GM of Football
Then given the second most influential job in the AFL.

That's not an impressive CV. In fact, when Hocking was given the job, many were questioning his lack of experience for it.

The less sycophantic would say his ham fisted performance in the role was to be expected due to his lack of experience.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Having met Speed on a couple of occasions in a semi-professional context, how he comes across in Making Their Mark is how he came across in person. A bit old school and a bit of a curmudgeon. However certainly an impressive operator.

He (and everyone else on our board currently for that matter) are certainly far more qualified and have given far more value add than some of the drongos on the board in the bad old years.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Having met Speed on a couple of occasions in a semi-professional context, how he comes across in Making Their Mark is how he came across in person. A bit old school and a bit of a curmudgeon. However certainly an impressive operator.

He (and everyone else on our board currently for that matter) are certainly far more qualified and have given far more value add than some of the drongos on the board in the bad old years.

Not often I have to resort to google to understand posts on PRE. But, not going to lie, I had to look up "curmudgeon". Means, a bad-tempered person, especially an old one for those playing at home. Have to agree Speed meets that definition!

• Haha

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Not often I have to resort to google to understand posts on PRE. But, not going to lie, I had to look up "curmudgeon". Means, a bad-tempered person, especially an old one for those playing at home. Have to agree Speed meets that definition!
Sshhh! Don't tell Mrs. Quickdraw what a curmudgeon is or she'll throw that sobriquet at me during the next verbal stoush. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I once worked with/for a guy who had a "very impressive" CV. He took over a very profitable division of the Co. Within 12 months he'd decimated that workplace & reduced it an absolute shambles. 3 months later he was "offered a package".

The Company's CEO apologised to the workers for "putting them through the turmoil of the last period of time".

That particular person later became an MP in a Victorian Liberal Government.

I take "impressive CVs" with a grain of salt.
I thought I could almost hazard a guess about who this is. But then I realised ... pretty wide field.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sshhh! Don't tell Mrs. Quickdraw what a curmudgeon is or she'll throw that sobriquet at me during the next verbal stoush. :cool:
My wife has shortened curmudgeon, to cur for me.

I'm sorry to say she's got me down to a tee.

Cur

noun

1. an aggressive or unkempt dog, especially a mongrel.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Quiet often Im googling meanings of PRE BT, quite often I’m still left bemused

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user