The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

I used to enjoy our radio show on Sport927 on Monday nights too. Not sure how it would stand up now footy is at such saturation point in the media and on the net.

nikdante12 said:
I've brought that up in every membership survey since.

Whether via RFC Official or someone else I'll raise the matter with RFC and see if anything can be sorted out. I've seen an intellectual and copyright lawyer about it and reckon we should be able to restore, and continue, the Tiger TV page. It's a very petty situation. A 15-30 second clip out of a game is hardly robbing anyone, especially when it provides supporters with something the official sites don't.

wayne said:
I agree with Barnzy, I like reading Eye of the Tiger, but it's still showing the review of the North Melbourne game and doesn't get updated often enough.

So you get paid for posting on forums all day?

Technically I do as well, but I can be interrupted with work occasionally.

I wish all I did was posting on forums

tommystigers said:
We need to get the juniors hooked on the RFC as their team. If we are to achieve Benny's 75k membership the club needs to attract and then hold the juniors so they become paying adult members.
The website should be used as tool to this end. Some random ideas that may or may not be attainable or worthwhile.

- A cubs/teenage area where a selected players/coaches/staff can discuss skills, nutrition, training drills for those that play the game, with small videos or photos.
- Stripes Dyer blog. Stripes Dyer game day "helmet" cam where the kids can see themselves from the mascots view.
- Junior Tiger of the week photo contest with a signed ball as giveaway.

For the seniors
Post Draft chat with Damien and the Staff - Why we went down the path we did.
This week in RFC History.

Unfortunately the website in its current form because of the Bigpond millstone (speed, format, AFL stranglehold) has little to offer. We have a massive latent supporter base out there with little or no connection to the club. The RFC website could attract and convince a lot of the dormant Tigers to reconnect.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last paragraph, we want to connect with the fans on a whole new level.

Welcome RFC and good luck.
I congratulate you on seeking ways to add value to the Richmond member/supporter.

I am not a 'tech head; and am treating this as a brainstorming wishlist.

Would love 24/7 fixed mutiple camera vision of, for example:

>Punt road oval (to watch training).
>Punt Road gym/pool (to watch training)
>Pre/post game warm up/celebration rooms
>Casey fields.

Cameras to be able to be adjusted to suit viewer, as an example, check out:
http://www.ozlivecam.com/ (select live cam top left).

Please, no more drafting midgets.

And as with the other o/s members, only value we get for our membership is EOTT, however this is now free. That makes it zero value for my membership. Might as well make it a donation and I get a tax deduction when I come home.

Tigerflag2008 said:
Please, no more drafting midgets.

And as with the other o/s members, only value we get for our membership is EOTT, however this is now free. That makes it zero value for my membership. Might as well make it a donation and I get a tax deduction when I come home.

Just had a meeting about that. How else could we better serve o/s members?

Maybe the RFC could establish contacts and partnership with oversaes venues like pubs and clubs and have big match day TV braodcasts.

Like in London, LA, Bangkok and so on basd on demand

Well, we accept we're OS so there is only so much that we can really expect the club to do. But here's a list off the top off my head:

MUST
1. Make sure all vision and content on the RFC website is available for free to all RFC Members who live overseas
2. See above

From a digital perspective, I'm not sure we'd need more than what a Melbourne/Australia based member would want, of course except for having all content on the RFC website available for free.

Being OS we don't get live radio or TV broadcasts so unless we're tied to a PC to listen to an internet radio stream, we're without update on matchday. As mentioned previously, appreciate the Twitter updates on Game Day but they seem to be designed to complement a broadcast, whether TV or radio. If another Twitter feed, @RFC_Scores etc, could post score by score and live match updates that would be great.

An RSS feed for RFC news would be handy so I could pull it into my normal news reader instead of wasting time trying to find the right news on the current RFC site. (Note, Facebook at my work is blocked so posting content there doesn't help me).

If you want ideas for OS members from a non-digital perspective, let us know, we have plenty.

Oh, one last thing, make sure all content and vision on the RFC website is free for all members, including those living OS.

Kahuna said:
RFC Official there are some great threads on PRE about debt paydown, merchandising opportunities, sponsorship, updating the club logo etc. It's worth taking the time to work your way through some of the threads for ideas & thoughts from PRE members. Personally I think RFC should follow the lead of the Bombers and establish a website independent of the AFL (if you still can). Merchandising has improved but can still get better & how about a refresh on the RFC logo?

Hear hear. I rarely bother with the RFC site. Way too slow and clunky.

Baloo said:
Well, we accept we're OS so there is only so much that we can really expect the club to do. But here's a list off the top off my head:

MUST
1. Make sure all vision and content on the RFC website is available for free to all RFC Members who live overseas
2. See above

Having been a recently returned expat who has been a RFC member I fully agree with Baloo's requests for OS Tiger supporters.

Kahuna said:
Merchandising has improved but can still get better & how about a refresh on the RFC logo?

Agree.
I know some here don't want to mess with tradition but I think that the RFC logo can definitely do with a new coat of paint.
Whilst the Tiger head is strong, the current logo is now almost 20 years old and looks dated by comparison with others in the league.

Kahuna said:
RFC Official there are some great threads on PRE about debt paydown, merchandising opportunities, sponsorship, updating the club logo etc. It's worth taking the time to work your way through some of the threads for ideas & thoughts from PRE members. Personally I think RFC should follow the lead of the Bombers and establish a website independent of the AFL (if you still can). Merchandising has improved but can still get better & how about a refresh on the RFC logo?

Yep Kahuna, this is a good idea.
The bombers with there essendonfc.com have a huge advantage over us.
They have the flexibility to produce merchandising material without having to stuff around with the AFL

RFC_Official said:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know the club is now officially on PRE (we may have been on here before, I'm not sure). We are going to start putting a bigger emphasis off the field on the opportunities that the internet can offer, and places like Facebook/Twitter but also message boards like BigFooty/Yellow and Black and PRE present all that.

Please be aware we are hear to take any feedback to ways we can improve in marketing and fan activities and would love to hear initatives you would like to see and other things alone those lines...however I am not the coach, so on-field talk won't do much good :)

But we're here and willing to listen.

Cheers

very Brave !! and I like it.

I want your job RFC_Official. On the net all day and getting paid for it. actually I do have that job.

Harry said:
I want your job RFC_Official. On the net all day and getting paid for it. actually I do have that job.

You're over qualified Harry.
You can spell