The unvacced | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The unvacced

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
9/10 people in NT hospitals for Covid are indigenous. Many were confused and frightened by Facebook conspiracy theorists and were late getting vaccinated or didn’t get vaccinated. I’m really angry with the assholes who spread this bullshjit. A few people I love are going to die because of it. And they call it freedom…
A lot of the indig population wasn't eligible for the first roll out of AZ because they weren't old enough. Once phizer was available uptake has been good among that population. Still room for a lot of improvement. Conspiracy theorists don't help. I'm not sure there's much freedom anywhere ATM. I don't know the INs and OUTs of The latest "lockdown" except that you need PCR tests done to return to the NT. I have some friends who live just outside Alice Springs. I mean ATSI people way over represented in hospitalisations in Alice. Youth Crime rate high too.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
My personal belief is the vaccine does stuff all. It doesn’t stop you getting it or stop the transmission. I’m not sure how much or at all it saves the severity. None of us do on here. This is just my opinion. I’m not interested in any debates on the issue. In fact I’ve found some of the responses to other peoples opinions on here disgusting.
We are on here because we all love the tigers, in fact it’s probably more than love it’s a way of life for some of us die hards.
We all come from different walks of life, different schooling and different circumstances and just because someone has a different opinion or belief doesn’t mean we have to get on here and go after them like key board warriors. We have lost some good posters on here over the years because of it.

So you have a personal belief that vaccines don't do much and you don't know how much it saves or reduces severity of illness? And then say no one on here does know?

How do you expect something like that not to be challenged by data??

And then you say anyone challenging your personal belief is some sort of keyboard warrior and set yourself up as a victim?

There has been a stack of links posted here to real data showing the MASSIVE over representation of unvaccinated in hospitals and ICU, why do you believe that is?

Reactions: 7 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
A lot of the indig population wasn't eligible for the first roll out of AZ because they weren't old enough. Once phizer was available uptake has been good among that population. Still room for a lot of improvement. Conspiracy theorists don't help. I'm not sure there's much freedom anywhere ATM. I don't know the INs and OUTs of The latest "lockdown" except that you need PCR tests done to return to the NT. I have some friends who live just outside Alice Springs. I mean ATSI people way over represented in hospitalisations in Alice. Youth Crime rate high too.
I was got my first Pfizer in Arnhem Land last April when it first came up there. The clinic couldn’t use all the doses because some of the younger people who were engaged with Facebook had frightened everyone too much. There were people calling anti vax meetings. A lot of old people on that community have still only had one dose, some 2.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
So you have a personal belief that vaccines don't do much and you don't know how much it saves or reduces severity of illness? And then say no one on here does know?

How do you expect something like that not to be challenged by data??

And then you say anyone challenging your personal belief is some sort of keyboard warrior and set yourself up as a victim?

There has been a stack of links posted here to real data showing the MASSIVE over representation of unvaccinated in hospitals and ICU, why do you believe that is?
You didn’t read my post properly. None of the keyboard warrior stuff was about me.
I respect your beliefs and hopefully you respect mine.
Please bring on the Footy!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
You didn’t read my post properly. None of the keyboard warrior stuff was about me.
I did read it properly. I know you were calling people who challenged anti-vaxxcers or vax-doubters keyboard warriors.

If your belief is totally contradicted by data why would you continue with it?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Unfortunately beliefs don't matter in this, only science and data does.

You can make a personal choice and that's your right. But your belief is not equivalent to data

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Ok, so please answer my question. If the vaccines don't work, then why are the unvaxxed so over represented in hospital admissions, ICU admissions, ventilators and deaths??? Data doesn't lie.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Ok, so please answer my question. If the vaccines don't work, then why are the unvaxxed so over represented in hospital admissions, ICU admissions, ventilators and deaths??? Data doesn't lie.
Hurrah, its rather simple aint it. Just a matter of getting the best protection you can.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I think we are done with this thread, it has gone off footy. Moving it to General.

Reactions: 4 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
my partner is in her late 50's and not a computer or data person
and has herd on the nightly news half the people in ICU are unvaxxd and said doesn't that mean there's no benefit from the vaccine ?

I explained ' say the fully vaxxd in NSW is 3.9 mil and the unvaxxd or 1 jab are 200,000 and half of our people in ICU are fully vaxxd that means and unvaxxd person is 19 or 20 times more likely to end up in ICU than a vaxxd'

she was happy with that , those figures I just grabbed off the top of my head by the ratio is something like that
important to note the 200,000 population isn't a mirror image of the 3.9 mil population as in age , general health etc

the 200,000 group isn't all made up of idealogicly opposed to vaccination and is skewed by having more people not in good health

they can be slow due to various reasons
my daughter has a heart condition and had a reaction to her first jab , it took some time for her cardiolgist to get back to her about having the second jab
and have heard(thru the Federal Covid task force) that people in nursing homes with bad dementia and alike need permission from family etc and that slows the process down dramatically

they can be in the "don't care" group
a quote from a nurse "it seems every junkie in Canb. & Queanbeyan has caught covid" , they are largely in poor health due to their addiction

any body quoting figures should qualify it and say the conclusions are indicative

unlike medical trials for new drugs where they do try to set up very similar control groups where one gets the drug and the other a placebo
here are populations of vaxxd and unvaxxd that are changing sligthly all the time

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
my partner is in her late 50's and not a computer or data person
and has herd on the nightly news half the people in ICU are unvaxxd and said doesn't that mean there's no benefit from the vaccine ?

I explained ' say the fully vaxxd in NSW is 3.9 mil and the unvaxxd or 1 jab are 200,000 and half of our people in ICU are fully vaxxd that means and unvaxxd person is 19 or 20 times more likely to end up in ICU than a vaxxd'

she was happy with that , those figures I just grabbed off the top of my head by the ratio is something like that
important to note the 200,000 population isn't a mirror image of the 3.9 mil population as in age , general health etc

the 200,000 group isn't all made up of idealogicly opposed to vaccination and is skewed by having more people not in good health

they can be slow due to various reasons
my daughter has a heart condition and had a reaction to her first jab , it took some time for her cardiolgist to get back to her about having the second jab
and have heard(thru the Federal Covid task force) that people in nursing homes with bad dementia and alike need permission from family etc and that slows the process down dramatically

they can be in the "don't care" group
a quote from a nurse "it seems every junkie in Canb. & Queanbeyan has caught covid" , they are largely in poor health due to their addiction

any body quoting figures should qualify it and say the conclusions are indicative

unlike medical trials for new drugs where they do try to set up very similar control groups where one gets the drug and the other a placebo
here are populations of vaxxd and unvaxxd that are changing sligthly all the time

Well done.

I go the full extreme and say if everyone was vaccinated the only people in the hospital would be vaccinated ones. This comparison of absolute numbers (which you can only make if the populations you are comparing are the same) has been abused by anti-vax and I think sometimes carelessly misused by media.

But as you point out even if you compare total populations you aren’t holding everything else constant as there will likely be other patterns of behaviour and potentially different age, weight, disease etc distributions in the different populations. There was good UK data that did this analysis by age cohort so held constant for that at least.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
there should be data on the World Health Organisation website

they are gathering data monthly from a large number of countries and they publish a lot of what they collect for the medical communities across the world to have and use for research here's the link to the weekly covid report , but there are plenty of links to explore

I can vouch the Australian data there is sourced from health IT systems ie(Australian Immunisation Register , TGA etc) and is double checked before submission
but we do collect and report vaccination within Australia and little different to the way the WHO collect it so reports you see online may differ a little to what you've seen in the local media

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
SEN said Jack Darling and Jed Anderson contemplating Novavax. They better hurry up for 2 jabs.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I am not interested in engaging in a discussion about vaccination with someone who clearly does not believe in the benefits both individually and collectively of vaccination. I am not sure why you don’t believe. Whether its for religious reasons, or you are contrarian, or are entertained by conspiracy theories. Each person is entitled to their own opinion. However, you are not entitled to make up your own facts and pedal them as truths. So when you refer to mainstream media and ‘Hunter Biden’ to support your opinion as ‘fact’ you are doing what you criticise others for.

I did not know anything about the Hunter Biden allegations. Someone said the same thing to me in an argument last year (saying I should learn the truth about Hunter Biden and Joe Biden). They had learned the truth from some internet source that they quoted as gospel. So, not knowing anything about the Hunter Biden story, I read the US Senate Report on the allegations. Its about 80 pages. If you haven’t read it yet, I suggest you do. The link is below. Its a Republican Senate Committee report, so logically it is partisan and critical of the Bidens. It found NO link between Joe Biden and US foreign policy favourtism of Ukraine (which was the initial view of the Republican critics of Biden). Read it yourself.

I know I am not going to change your view of the world. But appreciate that it is ‘your view’ of the world and spurious and made up nonsense won’t make it fact.

For those that don’t want to read an 87 page report, and don’t distrust mainstream media … here is a link to the New York Times report.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/...johnson.amp.html?referringSource=articleShare
Hi Ruby,

I'm sorry that you feel this way,

Welcome to the new world where people who don't like other opinions feel it's their right to debase or question there motives....... I'm sorry that you feel entitled to attack me on religous (I'm atheist) or uneducated (I would suggest this is not the case) grounds!

I have in front of me my vaccination history:

TBH I'm not going to type it out (dates/occurences) because it would take a long time with my two finger skills:

Cholera
yellow fever
Sabin
Engerix B
Havrix A
Typhoid
Varicella
Fluvax
ADT - Dyptheria
Tuberculin

TBH it cracks me up (and makes me sad) that the Govt/Media (and fools like yourself) believe this is an issue re anti vax

I've never been an anti vaxxer - and my children are regularly vaccinated against seasonal flu.

What's important is to understand how silly people are (with negligible co-morbitities) that still fail to understand that they've been hoodwinked! by Govt and mainstream media into getting a vaccination that ultimately is being shown to be the farce it is,

It's going to be your challenge to eventually recognise what side of history you are (and sadly see how you were misled)

TBH I can't reveal my source (not spelt sauce!!!). But ask yourself why every Govt in Australia still suppresses the actual scientific data????

Do you not start asking questions when Premier Dan says everyone must have the third vaccine - when the VIC CHO admits under Senate oath that they never provided this advice to the Premier????

Do you actually understand what the risk of COVID is to children? Especially when balanced against the risk of vaccination?

I'm not going to do your research for you..................

I have worked amid COVID bureaucracy for 2 years and it's shameful

The whisteblowers are coming....................

The big question is ...................... are you ready?

Yes! It will all come out eventually.

PS - I was only using Hunter as an example of how MSM will suppress a story (until it eventually comes out in Inquiry and/or blatant exposure - eg they can't cover it up any longer)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Interesting that overseas they are now discovering it's actually negative (eg if you are double vaccinated you actually are more likely to catch Omicron than non-vaccinated persons using natural immunity).

Sauce? Source?

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
PS - I was only using Hunter as an example of how MSM will suppress a story (until it eventually comes out in Inquiry and/or blatant exposure - eg they can't cover it up any longer)

Some classic antivaxxer tropes there, it's a virtual hit parade SIr. Amazing parody/summary, not sure which.

1. you are oppressing me by opposing my non-scientific views
2. I've been vaxxed but i don't like this vax for reasons I can't really explain
3. I have a secret source - all will soon be revealed - HELLO QANON
4. You didn't ask the right wacky questions - why don't you
5. DO YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND
6. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
7. "I worked in a nuclear powerplant, so don't tell me how to dispose of nuclear waste"
8. THE WHISTLEBLOWERS ARE COMING - oh hi Qanon
9. ARE YOU READY FOR THE GREAT RESET - oh hi Kew-anon
10. It will all come out eventually - Qanon
11. The HUNTER BIDEN laptop story was SUPRESSED except in all the trashy MSM sites and platforms where it was all over the joint ahead of Trump's loss in the latest Pres. election. Still amounted to nothing.

Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
The current omicron strain is very much like the common flu now which is what the experts said would happen from the beginning ie it will mutate to a less dangerous and more infectious variant. The vast majority will have mild symptoms however If you're elderly or health compromised you should get the flu shot / booster. Mandating the booster is purely political.
We do not know how the next strain will mutate. We were lucky with the 'cron. In the absence of a crystal ball vax is an effective counter measure during in a pandemic.