Tiger AAs 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger AAs 2020

8 time AA Patrick Dangerfield just doesn’t sit right with me, yes his a bloody good player , however 5,6,7, 8 times are reserved for genuine legends of the game imho , off the top of my head I can think Of at least 5 players most people would rate higher then Dangerfield .

Bad luck to our lads , I’m sure they’d be a tad disappointed, however im sure there focus is on something much bigger

Worst AA team in over a decade. Seriously a poorly constructed team. 3 x WC Eagles players.
No Maynard for Collingwood or Flossy for us.
Worst looking centreline in years. Macrae has not had an AA year. Guthrie is a joke.
Dangerfield - its actually embarassing that this flog has 8 AAs.
This team will be debated for a week - and quickly forgotten for ever.

Feels like the Woewodin Brownlow year. Flat as a tack. Shock and horror. Move on please.

Reactions: 1 users
Worst AA team in over a decade. Seriously a poorly constructed team. 3 x WC Eagles players.
No Maynard for Collingwood or Flossy for us.
Worst looking centreline in years. Macrae has not had an AA year. Guthrie is a joke.
Dangerfield - its actually embarassing that this flog has 8 AAs.
This team will be debated for a week - and quickly forgotten for ever.

Feels like the Woewodin Brownlow year. Flat as a tack. Shock and horror. Move on please.
I think it fits the year 2020 perfectly :))

How the *smile* the clanger make captain. Didn’t even make the midfield, they gave him a charity HFF position.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
just went on Twitter , incredibly so many spooking about Dusty getting a gig . No doubt didn’t have his best year but geez there’s about 15 more debatable targets then D Martin

• Haha
  • Wow
In all other years the selectors probably saw at least a couple of games a week live. Fair chance that most if them have seen now live and maybe barely watched any on tv.

I stopped looking when I read Guthrie.
What a joke

Reactions: 2 users
8 time AA Patrick Dangerfield just doesn’t sit right with me, yes his a bloody good player , however 5,6,7, 8 times are reserved for genuine legends of the game imho , off the top of my head I can think Of at least 5 players most people would rate higher then Dangerfield .

Bad luck to our lads , I’m sure they’d be a tad disappointed, however im sure there focus is on something much bigger

Can barely hit side of a barn and hopeless finals player.

Reactions: 4 users
If you are picking him in a forward pocket, I think it's justified. Got a massive bag of tricks and uses them most games.

I'm being facetious, he's a quality player. Didn't think he was better than Butler though, who was the clear number 1 small forward imo.

Reactions: 1 user
just went on Twitter , incredibly so many spooking about Dusty getting a gig . No doubt didn’t have his best year but geez there’s about 15 more debatable targets then D Martin

If you multiply his disposals out by 1.25 it's on par with most of his other good years. He's been our best player and deserved to get in.

Questionable IMO - Ryan, Byrne-Jones, Gawn. Guthrie and Adams feel a bit iffy but a lot of the other midfield contenders have erratic ball use. Two half-forwards with 11 goals apiece, but not many forwards were consistent throughout.

Don't feel hard on yourself.
You knew they had issues when Bolton didn't make the best 22 under 22's.
He shouldve been the first selected and he should've been captain

I'm sorry to offend anyone, truly I am.... However if you don't think Dusty is All Australian then I would kindly like to ask what you drink and how many you have each day? Just so I can steer clear of of it thanks.

Yet again we got stuffed. Bolton, Grimes and Short are clear snubbs.

Luke Ryan ahead of Dylan Grimes?

Luke Ryan’s mum wouldn’t pick her boy ahead of Dylan Grimes.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Luke Ryan ahead of Dylan Grimes?

Luke Ryan’s mum wouldn’t pick her boy ahead of Dylan Grimes.
Luke Ryan, Brad Shepherd and Darcy Byrne-Jones ahead of Grimes, Vlastuin and Baker is about the most stupid thing I have ever seen my life.

Dangerfield leads All-Australian team, but Tigers snubbed (paywalled)
Michael Gleeson
The Age

Star Richmond premiership defenders Dylan Grimes and Nick Vlastuin both missed selection in this year’s All-Australian team, with last year’s Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe and Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury also surprise omissions from the team.

Remarkably Vlastuin, regarded as one of the game's elite defenders, has never been an All-Australian while Grimes was All-Australian last year and proved his value in his return game from injury when he was best on ground against Geelong.

Geelong, Port Adelaide, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs each had three players picked in the team that had 11 clubs represented. Last year's premier and flag favourite Richmond had just one - Dustin Martin.
The All-Australian team is chosen by a panel comprising of AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Steve Hocking, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.

• Haha