Tom Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Browne

tigersnake said:
pretty normal, thats the way the media works. Any jobs that don't require talent, just a talking head, tend go to the offspring of the rich and connected. You reckon Hamish and Gill would have their gigs if they were'nt polo playing establishment?
I think Gil's job has more oversight than any job in Australia bar the PM. I think he'd be gone in 5 mins if the stakeholders weren't happy.

Baloo said:
The media have decided they are the story. They dictate what's newsworthy and what isn't. They are doing it because of their twisted belief that the public have a right to know everything.

One of the broadcasts will latch onto an issue. Then every other AFL show will play the soundbite and continue banging that drum louder.

While there's no real proof, I'd say Croc Media have a meeting Sunday night to decide which AFL issue to push that week and all their shows push that agenda. It's about sensationalism and clickbait.
It's interesting. With the decentralisation of media, us punters can find out all we need to know from the club websites and forums like this one. What's left for the news outlets? What do you report if there's no news left to report? I guess the answer is you either provide some kind of expert/critical analysis (thus the many panel shows we're getting), or you create a story/melodrama/soap opera to tell a story, even if there isn't one (Footy classified, print media). There's really nothing else they can contribute.

hutstar said:
It's interesting. With the decentralisation of media, us punters can find out all we need to know from the club websites and forums like this one. What's left for the news outlets? What do you report if there's no news left to report? I guess the answer is you either provide some kind of expert/critical analysis (thus the many panel shows we're getting), or you create a story/melodrama/soap opera to tell a story, even if there isn't one (Footy classified, print media). There's really nothing else they can contribute.

Or they just troll Club fan forums and social media and copy from them.

hutstar said:
I think Gil's job has more oversight than any job in Australia bar the PM. I think he'd be gone in 5 mins if the stakeholders weren't happy.

What oversight? The Commission is clearly a toothless tiger which refuses to demand any accountability, the football media is completely under the AFLs thumb.

The AFL’s Media Department is a Behometh designed to “Spin” the facts to protect the Image of the AFL

“Independent” journalists should be dealing in facts to provide the counterbalance,presenting the unvarnished truth via the Commercial media platforms.

Is this happening? not really.You’ve got Channel 7,Foxtel,Crockmedia and Eddies various Production Companies and Platforms,all cosied up with the AFL because its very profitable to do so.

How about real Journalists? Surely they’d tell us the truth,”Public Interest”and all that baloney. Sorry,can’t help you,take “360” Gerard Wheatley is Gills’s biggest Cheerleader and his Partner “Slobbo” (who Gerard keeps on,to make Gerard look good),is a buffoon,notwithstanding he’s the chief Football writer for the Sun

Depressing?You Betcha!! I think I’ll have a Bex and a lie down.

Brimmy said:
The AFL’s Media Department is a Behometh designed to “Spin” the facts to protect the Image of the AFL

“Independent” journalists should be dealing in facts to provide the counterbalance,presenting the unvarnished truth via the Commercial media platforms.

Is this happening? not really.You’ve got Channel 7,Foxtel,Crockmedia and Eddies various Production Companies and Platforms,all cosied up with the AFL because its very profitable to do so.

How about real Journalists? Surely they’d tell us the truth,”Public Interest”and all that baloney. Sorry,can’t help you,take “360” Gerard Wheatley is Gills’s biggest Cheerleader and his Partner “Slobbo” (who Gerard keeps on,to make Gerard look good),is a buffoon,notwithstanding he’s the chief Football writer for the Sun

Depressing?You Betcha!! I think I’ll have a Bex and a lie down.

You like watching Richmond, right?

Then watch Richmond.

I’m not joking when I say I don’t consume 1 minute of anything football-related outside watching Richmond and coming on here (and some links I see on here that pique my interest).

Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you need to know about it. There’s millions of better alternatives vying for your attention these days, don’t let these leeches exploit your enjoyment of Richmond.

The Front Bar was funny tonight, with numerous mentions of Tommy boy.
Basically, they took the *smile* out of him all night, with his brilliant predictive mind.

Shers said:
The Front Bar was funny tonight, with numerous mentions of Tommy boy.
Basically, they took the p!ss out of him all night, with his brilliant predictive mind.

I think this is what makes the show.

It’s not a mouth piece for the AFL and everyone is up for a ribbing when deserved.

Maybe channel 7 put him up to it, Seven's own, Tom Browne, was fodder for the boys on The Front Bar last night, very humorous.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Blocking tom Browne on Twitter because I don’t want to find out the score before the game starts.
Maybe he can let us all know what our injuries are going to be on Saturday night so we can start planning for next week

Heard Ed, Darcy and Anderson mocking Browne this morning as they replayed all of his “significant injury” quotes all put together. Browne comes on to do his piece 5 minutes later and sure enough he comes out with “significant”.

tigertim said:
Heard Ed, Darcy and Anderson mocking Browne this morning as they replayed all of his “significant injury” quotes all put together. Browne comes on to do his piece 5 minutes later and sure enough he comes out with “significant”.

Tom Brownes like Joey from friends when he finds out what a thesaurus is.

I see the Tom Browne thread pop back up and I instantly think what crap has that twat come out with now?

Just noticed I have my first twitter block. Mr Browne has blocked me which is odd as I don't remember tweeting anything about him.

Reactions: 1 user
Just noticed I have my first twitter block. Mr Browne has blocked me which is odd as I don't remember tweeting anything about him.

What you don't realise Baloo is that he already knew you were going to at some point in the future.
That's the premise of most of his stories. .... guesswork!

Reactions: 3 users