U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Footage before this scene shows the guy chasing and trying to hit a black kid/adult with skateboard. Footage after this scene shows that he's not dead and being tended too/looked after by other protesters/looters.

He didn't die on the spot? Ah well that's OK then!

If he defends his property with a semi-automatic then he's the bad guy. He has no recourse to protect his livelihood. This violence must be stamped out with - dare I say it - whatever it takes.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He didn't die on the spot? Ah well that's OK then!

If he defends his property with a semi-automatic then he's the bad guy. He has no recourse to protect his livelihood. This violence must be stamped out with - dare I say it - whatever it takes.

He was chasing the kid down the street with a sword. Pretty stupid thing to do in the middle of the civil unrest that's happening.

Trump was doing just fine until chinavirus.

Well if you really believe that I think it's you being overly influenced by mainstream media.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He was chasing the kid down the street with a sword. Pretty stupid thing to do in the middle of the civil unrest that's happening.

Maybe not smart but the alternative is to stand by and watch thieves destroying his life. He did what he could with what he had. The "protesters" are the evil that needs to be crushed here.
Well if you really believe that I think it's you being overly influenced by mainstream media.

His popularity as measured by a variety of pollsters was at a high. He was cruising to a second term.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe not smart but the alternative is to stand by and watch thieves destroying his life. He did what he could with what he had. The "protesters" are the evil that needs to be crushed here.

Was his store being looted by this person? Other than the MAGA site where the first c;lip came from, there's been no other reference to that. These evil protesters, are they different to the protesters that came in to help him, or different protesters?

His popularity as measured by a variety of pollsters was at a high. He was cruising to a second term.

You may judge doing fine with an ability to get re-elected, I don't. Plenty of destructive leaders throughout history have been re-elected. Does automatically make them good.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
These evil protesters, are they different to the protesters that came in to help him, or different protesters?

There's a high risk of authorities not being able to tell the difference. Choose your battlegrounds wisely.

What is happening in the US is like something from Joker. It's insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trump could help matters if he was to act like a Statesman, instead of driving a wedge into the people.

"I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protesters, and we hear their pleas. But what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace.

The memory of George Floyd is being dishonoured by rioters, looters, and anarchists. The violence and vandalism is being led by Antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorising the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses, and burning down buildings."

I'm not sure how much more statesmanlike he can be. And if the underlined word gets an appropriate response, so be it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If he was as bad as he is painted here, he would have no supporters left. The reporting is not balanced, in fact it's deliberately unbalanced.

You just have to post vision and audio of what he actually says to get a picture of the man. Amazing that you still wish to defend someone who is so clearly out of his depth.

A leader who wins. Improves the lives of constituents. Takes the best course of action regardless of criticism. Continually rises above adversity.

Trump is an unorthodox champion.

I will jump off if Trump crosses the line into derangement.

For you the penny started to drop around late Feb this year.

I'm sure he's trying to keep up public morale after the $80b stiumulus package arrested the stockmarket freefall on Friday. I don't think anyone, Trump supporter or not, believes the US situation is under control.

Talk of getting back to work by Easter was patently absurd. The messaging until now has been unrealistic. Nobody wants to believe that the world can literally stop.

Haven't been following the US news, but it's a fair bet he didn't have this in mind when he ran for the presidency. Much more businessman than statesman.

I understand your cognitive dissonance is immense, given your deep love for the man, against given your knowledge and pragmatism about COVID19. Must be hard to reconcile.

Time for you to jump off.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sure. I don't claim to know what's happening in any detail, I haven't followed o/s news for weeks.

Do you think perhaps the mainstream media provides a warped perspective of Donald Trump?

They're forever in search of a headline, jumping on a word out of place or showing a snippet of footage out of context. Crap shows like Today Tonight are forever fanning the flames by creating confected outrage.

Violence grabs more attention than peaceful protest.
Yep the mainstream media probably does provide a warped view of Trump.
FOX for instance presents a very favourable view of him. Others veer the other way.
But the difference is that favourable coverage or not it’s impossible to cover up that he is bat$&@t crazy

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I understand your cognitive dissonance is immense, given your deep love for the man, against given your knowledge and pragmatism about COVID19. Must be hard to reconcile.

Time for you to jump off.

He has been out of his depth in dealing with the virus. And I don't love Donald Trump, I just think he is the leader the world needed. And still needs.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yep it's bad alright. Don't confuse vilification with justified criticism though.
Some of it is justified and some of it isn’t.

There is no doubt that China deserves criticism for their very initial response to COVID-19. No one can be be sure but my suspicion is that they intended to cover it up because they believed they could deal with it and it backfired. That would be fairly typical behaviour for that regime.
Some of the rhetoric now is OTT though imo.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He has been out of his depth in dealing with the virus. And I don't love Donald Trump, I just think he is the leader the world needed. And still needs.

I don't agree that the world needs the US to implode through disease, riots and economic collapse abandoning rest of us to the tender mercies of Russia and China, but hey, each to their own.