Vic State Election 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vic State Election 22

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hi It makes me laugh when I think about the reaction the Dictator Dan crowd will have when they find out that he’ll get a statue at Treasury Place after serving for 3000 days
hahaha
Is there a market out yet on who will be the fist to win when it matters between Essendon and the Libs:p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
There are some comments around this morning and last night that making Matthew Guy leader lost the election for the LNP.
He is not very inspiring as a leader but if they think he is the reason they lost they truly are deluded.
I am of the view that the Liberal Party is on the cusp and unless they stop the influence of extreme right wingers and religious nut jobs pushing them away from the centre they may actually face oblivion. It is not impossible that some form of centre right breakaway party will appear.

Agree. I think it all started with Abbott and has been filtering down ever since, then Scomo comes in and the religious influence grew.

A lot of these guys seems to look up to the Republicans in the US, but fail to see that religion is not so set in stone here in Australia, certainly not in the same way as it is in the US (especially in the Southern red states), so these type of approach will continue to alienate them with voters. Last night should be seen as a clear embarassment for the Libs, its obvious that some wanted to vote away from the ALP (hence the 5% swing against them) but couldn't write the Libs name down, and they need to look hard at themselves for that.

If I was eligible to vote (should have done my citizenship years ago, will probably do it in the next few months), I tend to be a swing voter, sitting around the iddle. I like balance to politics so ongoing wins to 1 side tends to breed complacency in politics but the Libs continue to move themselves further from centre voters. They seem to believe that certain hot topics like the environment only interest the far left, which is completely wrong, I'd say the vast majority of Australians (bar the head in the sand crowd) understand we need to do something about these issues, but the Libs don't want to touch it, just an example of how they move further away from centre voters.

All playing very nicely into the ALP's hands at both state and federal levels.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder when the Lib owning media will realise that their constant ALP/Independant bashing and promotion of all things Coalition is actually destroying the party they own.

If they put even a little bit of balance and gave the Libs a hard time for their ineptitude, it might force the conservatives to take running a government seriously and clean out the party of the extreme nutjobs.

What happened in Victoria yesterday was as clear indication that the MSM agendas are ineffectual and the MSMS itself becoming irrelevant. Not a good place to be if you're a media mogul.

Though it would be interesting to see HUN subscriber demographics overlayed with yesterday's results. There might still be a section of the population that believes what they read in the HUN, but it's clearly nowhere near enough to have any influence on the Government.

Reactions: 4 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
We have had the industrial age,We have the technology age,and now we have the Victorian state age of entitlement .

People of Victoria ,you do not have to pay for anything ,the Labor government will pay for everything ,we have a blank check ,nothing is too big or small.
We will bring back the Sec to cut your power costs and will be publicly owned ,although 49 percent will be private investment ,and we will give them bread crumbs in return,nothing to fear people the Labor government has it all under control,although you may have to wait until we find new technology to give you constant power.

Also our great project the rail loop,we have have 35 billion already costed for this amazing project,although we may need another 90 billion or more,but again we will get private investment and again give them bread crumbs in return .

And thank you to my union friends ,the Labor party would like to thank the CFMEU for texting your members to vote for Labor thank you,we will keep you in work ,and over pay all your members .
And thank you to my new friends in the HSU ,again thank you for texting members to vote Labor ,l hope our donation to you was sufficient ,never mind the Ibac investigation ,they don't call me teflon Dan for nothing.

To my friends in the Green and teals,and Dlp,thank you for continued preferences ,and look forward to your assistance when needed in the upper house,we will scratch your back,and you will scratch ours,,remember no cost is too big.

And to my brilliant campaign manager and advisors ,for knowing all our lies would not be held to account.
The cuts guy add was brilliant ,and accusing them of potential fracking really got all our climate fanatics on side.

Disclaimer.......The Labor party will not be held responsible for any future extra costs, that people and future generations will have to pay to cover our blank checks.
We also will not be held responsible if we can't get any private investment for our projects,we currently have a world financial crisis,and talk of recession could be a possibility.
Also when we say bread crumbs we mean gold bars .

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Suck *smile* crooked christian right LNP *smile*.

Couldnt win the meat raffle in a single-handed abattoir.

despite the murdoch hateshit tsunami,

The punters know LNP are a bunch of self-serving crooks
Guy wanted to change the slogan on Vic numberplates. A few suggestions:
Victoria - F*ck You Rupert
Victoria - Cookers Be Gone
Victoria - We See You

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There are some comments around this morning and last night that making Matthew Guy leader lost the election for the LNP.
He is not very inspiring as a leader but if they think he is the reason they lost they truly are deluded.
I am of the view that the Liberal Party is on the cusp and unless they stop the influence of extreme right wingers and religious nut jobs pushing them away from the centre they may actually face oblivion. It is not impossible that some form of centre right breakaway party will appear.
State and federal, across the nation, the Libs are approaching their DLP moment. The decent, moderate, progressive types and the far right and religious loons can't stay in bed together much longer. The party will fracture or be completely taken over by the extremists. Either way it's a recipe for a long time in opposition.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We have had the industrial age,We have the technology age,and now we have the Victorian state age of entitlement .

People of Victoria ,you do not have to pay for anything ,the Labor government will pay for everything ,we have a blank check ,nothing is too big or small.
We will bring back the Sec to cut your power costs and will be publicly owned ,although 49 percent will be private investment ,and we will give them bread crumbs in return,nothing to fear people the Labor government has it all under control,although you may have to wait until we find new technology to give you constant power.

Also our great project the rail loop,we have have 35 billion already costed for this amazing project,although we may need another 90 billion or more,but again we will get private investment and again give them bread crumbs in return .

And thank you to my union friends ,the Labor party would like to thank the CFMEU for texting your members to vote for Labor thank you,we will keep you in work ,and over pay all your members .
And thank you to my new friends in the HSU ,again thank you for texting members to vote Labor ,l hope our donation to you was sufficient ,never mind the Ibac investigation ,they don't call me teflon Dan for nothing.

To my friends in the Green and teals,and Dlp,thank you for continued preferences ,and look forward to your assistance when needed in the upper house,we will scratch your back,and you will scratch ours,,remember no cost is too big.

And to my brilliant campaign manager and advisors ,for knowing all our lies would not be held to account.
The cuts guy add was brilliant ,and accusing them of potential fracking really got all our climate fanatics on side.

Disclaimer.......The Labor party will not be held responsible for any future extra costs, that people and future generations will have to pay to cover our blank checks.
We also will not be held responsible if we can't get any private investment for our projects,we currently have a world financial crisis,and talk of recession could be a possibility.

Telling that Dan didn't thank the HUN, Sky, Channel 9, Channel 7, The Age or 3AW.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

This is pretty funny given the LNP promised to spend just as much if not more.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Also when we say bread crumbs we mean gold

Credit for nailing your colours to the mast of a worm riddled, sinking ship BT.

Not many do

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't think so. The VEC addressed this last night on twitter, although I can't find the tweet. Said so long as the numbering is clear the vote is valid.
So they've altered the requirements for valid votes then. Used to be that anything added beyond clear numbering of the candidates was instantly invalid.
Might have to consider voting next time around n take the opportunity to doodle round the borders of the vote ticket.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
This is pretty funny given the LNP promised to spend just as much if not more.
Really ,how many of Labors big projects have been costed.
And the Libs where going to scrap the Rail loop,and who is going to pay for all the house holds who have gas,to turn electric.

Labors campaign was brilliant,the opposition just sat back and let everything they promised go unaccountable.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The media and libs framed this election as a confidence vote for Dan. The people have spoken.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The rail loop is decades overdue, will help ease congestion on roads and make life easier for millions.

The transition from gas to electric should be funded nationally by the windfall profits tax the federal government should impose on the price-gouging gas cartels.

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Really ,how many of Labors big projects have been costed.
And the Libs where going to scrap the Rail loop,and who is going to pay for all the house holds who have gas,to turn electric.

Labors campaign was brilliant,the opposition just sat back and let everything they promised go unaccountable.
Its funny you blame/credit Labors victory to lies, while you keep repeating the lies the libs and newscorp tried to spread.

Labor won because many support the governing they have done, and because the libs completely failed to offer any decent opposition. How responsible each of those reasons are is up to individuals to decide what they believe.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Its funny you blame/credit Labors victory to lies, while you keep repeating the lies the libs and newscorp tried to spread.

Labor won because many support the governing they have done, and because the libs completely failed to offer any decent opposition. How responsible each of those reasons are is up to individuals to decide what they believe.
Lies lolol,my wifes has 3 friends who are in the health industry ,they got text messages from the HSU TO VOTE FOR LABOR.
HSU are part of the current Ibac investigation into Andrews.

The cuts guy their where no health cuts,and Guy wasn't even health minister,Federal government cuts health funding .
I never heard the Libs saying they where going to frack,in fact a lot of them voted against it.

What l find bizarre and concerning is Labor people thinking ,all these projects don't come at a cost ,they think the governments have endless pockets,everything comes at a cost.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Both things can be true.

Liberal leadership sucks, will prioritise now over the future and has too many misogynistic religious nut jobs in it and hands out money to friends and labour is profligate with spending and favours union mates but has coherent leadership.

Pick your poison. Political system generates what we get.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
State and federal, across the nation, the Libs are approaching their DLP moment. The decent, moderate, progressive types and the far right and religious loons can't stay in bed together much longer. The party will fracture or be completely taken over by the extremists. Either way it's a recipe for a long time in opposition.
Spot on.