We can't hide from the fact we have a discipline problem | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We can't hide from the fact we have a discipline problem

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Marlion doesnt give away that stupid second 50m and its a 7 point game at half time, instead of 13. Big difference in a shortened game.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I think end of the day you have to make them hurt on the scoreboard ,

Walking off the field as winners , smiling and laughing

that is the best payback of all

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is my feeling too. After watching the other games it highlighted to me that it was just US that got umpired differently.
Although I reckon the eaglesmight have a bit of a gripe this week about the umps, but its rare for them to be on the recieving end.

The 2 games Collingwood got slapped in this year by Melbourne & WC they lost the frew count in both.
WC should never whinge about free kicks they get looked after like Collingwood do.
If Simpson has any issue just get him to watch the Carlton game again.
We would have to be the only team in the history of the game, to be the best in the comp but get absolutly torched by the white flogs.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
The 2 games Collingwood got slapped in this year by Melbourne & WC they lost the frew count in both.
WC should never whinge about free kicks they get looked after like Collingwood do.
We would have to be the only team in the history of the game, to be the best in the comp but get absolutly torched by the white flogs.
Oh come on Zips you know it’s the Richmond game style why we lose 90-95% of the free kick counts. We are just naughty naughty boys.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The umps are gonna *smile* us no matter what

So i just want to see us get proper value for our 50s. Broken ribs, bone contusions, concussions

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Rule: Stop arguing and fighting once the whistle goes. You won't change the decision. Much more powerful to save issue til later. Cotchy's temper is shortening over the years. Vital that the cheapies stop.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
What ever we think about unfairness on decisions, the umpires have the ultimate control and love to use hat authority so we need to ensure we don't give them the opportunity to ream us by playing the right side of the edge of legality

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pretty sure the trigger happy reference was for the kicking away after a free. How are players supposed to know which was the free is going in a split second? Shai was entitled to have a ping at the goals if/when he heard the whistle if the umpires hadn't called out which way the free was going. No leniency or feel for the game these umps

Exactly right. Now if they were consistent and always punish players then fine but I saw exactly the same thing in other games and it wasn't paid 50. You could argue Bolton's if they consistently paid it but Dusty's was utterly ridiculous.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
For four years.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The old axiom was teams are not complacent - coaches are.

And by extension teams are not undisciplined.

Was Mr Damien Hardwick a bit upset about something in the presser? He's been upset for a while now. Why this time? Umpires?

Time to tighten up.

This is not a time for additional yoga. It's time for zen. The death of self.

Discipline.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
If it is going to cost us a game by retaliating then yes we should
I
f player like dusty, Pickett, Bolton, jack and Tom have all suffered from brain fades this season. I think it does indicate that we can be got at and we just need to get back to playing footy.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I do think they need to reign it in a bit at times. Some of the 50m penalties we just absurd and very similar situations were not paid 50 in other games that I saw some of.

I also wonder about the 2 50m penalties and that both were awarded against Shai and Marlion, both indigenous. Makes me wonder what was said to them to get such a reaction.

DS
Baseless accusation.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Discipline problem?
The trigger happy umps were looking to penalise us for anything.
The inconsistency was infuriating!
It seemed these trigger happy umpires did it for a half.

Even the reliable Shaun Ryan was coerced into it. AFL directive?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It seemed these trigger happy umpires did it for a half.

Even the reliable Shaun Ryan was coerced into it. AFL directive?

when that 50 was paid against dusty, it was a disappointing blow, then I saw it was Rhino, double dissappointing.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Boltons first 50 evolved after Oscar tackled him with Oscar getting a free kick .As he got up big brave Oscar gave Bolts a good shove into his chest. Bolts retaliated & got 50. Oscar try it on Dusty next time.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Boltons first 50 evolved after Oscar tackled him with Oscar getting a free kick .As he got up big brave Oscar gave Bolts a good shove into his chest. Bolts retaliated & got 50. Oscar try it on Dusty next time.

he’ll probably get two 50’s