Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
As Perry says in The Wanderers... LEAVE the kid ALONE! So he made a few errant kicks. Still going to be an absolute star and will continue to make mistakes as he grows into his first year

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I reckon fatigue would have been a reason for some of his skill errors. Massive task on Franklin in that form.
Had 94% gametime. Most in our entire team.
I noticed he has been a bit off with his disposal in the last couple of games. But he's an elite disposer, we all have better and worse days.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
As Perry says in The Wanderers... LEAVE the kid ALONE! So he made a few errant kicks. Still going to be an absolute star and will continue to make mistakes as he grows into his first year

Agree - compare the odd mistake he makes to those Rance made in his first few years and I think we then realise what a special talent we have in the team.

On a another side,

Rance played 200 games for 9 goals while Gibs has played 10 games for 1 goal. He is that good I reckon he play both ends

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Agree - compare the odd mistake he makes to those Rance made in his first few years and I think we then realise what a special talent we have in the team.

On a another side,

Rance played 200 games for 9 goals while Gibs has played 10 games for 1 goal. He is that good I reckon he play both ends
Yep. Totally agree. Made no more mistakes than Vloss and Grimes last night so nothing to see here

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I relate it to the game Balta played on Dixon against port the first time. Got beaten pretty badly but a great experience and towelled Dixon up in the prelim later that year.
good get. agree.

My criticism isn't really a criticism. I went and had a shower afterwoods.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great experience for the kid. Playing on a legend with a raucous crowd and massive pressure.

agree, he'll have to face the gorillas and freaks and the kid has what it takes. Did well, made some mistakes, he's still the find of the season for us.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon fatigue would have been a reason for some of his skill errors. Massive task on Franklin in that form.
Had 94% gametime. Most in our entire team.
Dimma moved him 3-4 minutes too late. You could almost see what was gonna happen before it did.

Terrible night by Dimma. Terrible.

Reactions: 9 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Dimma moved him 3-4 minutes too late. You could almost see what was gonna happen before it did.

Terrible night by Dimma. Terrible.
Posted the same in another thread. Forget all other distractions. This is the key reason we lost.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Posted the same in another thread. Forget all other distractions. This is the key reason we lost.
Yep. I haven’t had reason to criticise his game day tactics the last 6 years - even when we’ve lost - but last night was horrendous.

Not shutting off Mills, not getting Bolton further up the field, late moving Gibcus etc etc

If you look at the game stats, we did enough, or had enough going for us on the night, to win that game.

Reactions: 4 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Yep. I haven’t had reason to criticise his game day tactics the last 6 years - even when we’ve lost - but last night was horrendous.

Not shutting off Mills, not getting Bolton further up the field, late moving Gibcus etc etc

If you look at the game stats, we did enough, or had enough going for us on the night, to win that game.
Reckon he knows it too RedFerrari.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For some perspective he kept Buddy to 3 disposals up until half time. Gibcus didn’t just match it with Buddy he was giving him a fair old bath. Not bad for a first year KPD. But fatigue was naturally going to set in.

The MC were derelict in their duty. You could see as the game wore on Buddy was getting into the game. He was there match winner. Grimes or Tarrant should have been swing onto Buddy midway through the third quarter.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
For some perspective he kept Buddy to 3 disposals up until half time. Gibcus didn’t just match it with Buddy he was giving him a fair old bath. Not bad for a first year KPD. But fatigue was naturally going to set in.

The MC were derelict in their duty. You could see as the game wore on Buddy was getting into the game. He was there match winner. Grimes or Tarrant should have been swing onto Buddy midway through the third quarter.

Agree. Buddy getting off the chain wasn't down to Gibbo, it was Dimma and Dimma even kind of admitted it in his presser.

Reactions: 2 users