Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
tenor.gif

Sorry man

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The frustrating thing was he was almost there - but then Baker, Graham, Stack and Pickett all showed so much more in their first season or half a dozen games even that Menadue did over 5:years.

To have that many first year players leap frog you says it all to me.

Could see him add something to Melb, Essendon, Freo but not enough to make them materially better.

Good luck Mena.

Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Sadly Conor had the talent but not the will to show it on the big stage except once this last season. I had hoped he had turned the corner but no, just a very good VFL player. Good luck to him in his future footy career wherever that may be

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The frustrating thing was he was almost there - but then Baker, Graham, Stack and Pickett all showed so much more in their first season or half a dozen games even that Menadue did over 5:years.

To have that many first year players leap frog you says it all to me.

yep.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This delisting is to me just a sign of the rules we now work under. He may well get a contract elsewhere and even if we offered him one if he chooses not to accept it then there is little we can do as I understand it.

I suspect we may want to keep him but can’t really so let him go and give others on the fringe some piece of mind as well as helping him out

The rules these days make it hard for top clubs to keep fringe uncontracted players which probably isn’t a bad thing

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Shows how far we’ve come over the last three years. A few years ago we were moving on around 8-10 players at the end of each season and most of us were moaning that the list manager hadn’t cut deep enough.

Now look at us.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Menadue, 23, played 39 games during his five seasons at Richmond. A former Western Jet, Menadue was recruited to the Tigers with pick 33 in the 2014 AFL National Draft.

“During his time at the club Connor has become a popular member of the playing group,” Hartley said.

“His work ethic on the training track and his professionalism is second to none. We thank Connor for his time at the Club and wish him all the best for his future career.”

I don't like spin, but with words like this it makes you wonder why we let him go.

• Wow

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
As mentioned before and well known to all, he won the half time sprint with number 37 on his back during the gf where we broke a 37 year drought.

To me, that spells.... SUCCESS!!

Nice one Conner. All the best.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Failed on the big stage time and again.

Dimma and co like to give kids a look at the big time. One, maybe two games.

Stack handled it. Egg handled it. Bakes handled it. Bolts likes to razzle dazzle. Pickett sure as *smile* handled it.

Some guys don’t click in the seniors. I remember a game against Geelong where Conor just fumbled every possession. Cost us goals. the light would’ve left dimma‘s eyes that night.

shame, cos he has some tools. But no doubt about it - the right call was made.

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The right call was made for both of us. Connor wasn't going to go anywhere with the club, particularly with the amount of competition coming from around him.

Maybe he needs a fresh start somewhere else, but we certainly gave him a very good run at it. The Ellis-Menadue draft was pretty diabolical if it weren't for a few rookies who have redeemed us.

How's this for a list in the AFL draft:
C Ellis
Menadue
Drummond
Butler
McKenzie

Rookie:
Short
Castagna
Lambert
Arnot (from senior list)
Soldo

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The rookie draft was the saviour.

Ellis with our first was a fantastic *smile* up, that said I think that draft was a pretty weak one.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Disagree. Look at the talent we've picked up in the last couple of years. Stack, Ross, Higgins, Baker, now Pickett, all playing good footy in their first season. Other than Ellis, they're all reserves grade players this year and Ellis was offered way too much for us to chase. In our recruitment team I have faith. We have plenty of young depth. Must continue to turn over the older players who haven't made it.
Correct. People were saying we lost depth when lloyd conca miles and ellis left but our list got stronger by recruiting stack ross pickett rcd turner.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
It's not that we didn't want them. But it costs money to re-contract them. We need to make hard calls for the fringe players because we (quite reasonably) pay our superstars plenty! You have to look at the boys who missed out and these three are a fair way from best 22.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
This delisting is to me just a sign of the rules we now work under. He may well get a contract elsewhere and even if we offered him one if he chooses not to accept it then there is little we can do as I understand it.

I suspect we may want to keep him but can’t really so let him go and give others on the fringe some piece of mind as well as helping him out

The rules these days make it hard for top clubs to keep fringe uncontracted players which probably isn’t a bad thing

Look we may still re-rookie him??????

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not a surprise. On one hand I think it's equalization at work. We have to accept that.

On the other hand I don't necessarily agree we can't replace the boys that have gone with equal or better players in the draft. Let's see

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Look we may still re-rookie him??????
We may but usually clubs say they intend to rookie a player when they delist when that is the case.
I suspect he has an offer of a couple of years contract from someone else and will go there as a delisted FA

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
We may but usually clubs say they intend to rookie a player when they delist when that is the case.
I suspect he has an offer of a couple of years contract from someone else and will go there as a delisted FA

Probably right Sin.

Read the media release and nothing stated on there.