Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just signed a 5 yr extension.
"We are rapt to have Jacob stay on for a further 5 yrs on top of his already 7 yr deal"
,just to *smile* off the weasel Cornes

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Hope the supporters give Jacob some time.
I remember people on here writing off Prestia in his early games. Too slow, too short, can’t kick
And look how that turned out.

Reactions: 11 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I remember people on here writing off Prestia in his early games. Too slow, too short, can’t kick

Yep, could take time to adapt. Training and match sims are one thing, the real game starts tomorrow and we need to give both Tarranto and Hopper a bit of leeway.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Yep, Pretty sure I was concerned the first half of the season with Prestia. More with his skills though. However one thing he always did was run hard both ways, and also contest to contest. I’ll give JH a pass due to them being praccy matches only, but his running, either defensively, or contest to contest was really poor in both praccies imo. Let’s see how he goes when the real stuff kicks off tomorrow. Hopefully a big improvement

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He is a bull, I expect he will improve as the season goes on.
Do you know he choose us over that club that the media continually say everyone wants to play for them.
NOT Jacob!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Juffaricho

"Pressure wins Premierships"
Oct 26, 2007
Certainly helped us not get bullied in clearances. But the disposal and spread is a long way off, which was expected on a hard track early in the season. If that is his low average then with some improved disposal and balance as he gets his legs back might become an important cog.

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Woeful kick. Struggled. Hopefully just match fitness. Needs to handball as much as possible.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'd expect him to get better as the season progresses. Looked slow tonight.
Turning circle was huge.
Certainly helped us not get bullied in clearances. But the disposal and spread is a long way off, which was expected on a hard track early in the season. If that is his low average then with some improved disposal and balance as he gets his legs back might become an important cog.
So this.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see you back Juffa.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not a great runner. Just let Cerra run forward with no interest in the first quarter which resulted in a goal. Will need to get out of that typical GWS midfield shuffle/jog.

Not too bad in tight however which is what we got him for. Between him and Tarranto we looked better at clearances.

Hooch made the comment before the game that he doesn’t think we’ll see the best of our new players and resultant game style until later in the year.

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Did i read 1 clearance for Hopper?

Need more than that from him given he was supposed to be the clearance guy. Taranto had 5

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Surprised to see praise of his game last night from some. Thought he was pretty quiet and poor by foot. Hopefully just a fitness & gelling issue.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Foot skills and mobility way off last night. Moved like the bloke who used to wear 22. A 5/10 last night.

Learned from Tarrant last year, let's give the new boys six weeks to understand the Richmond way.

Reactions: 6 users