Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

I get angry very easily nowadays
Just the word Geelong gets me angry.
Chill Pill, 60 Vegetarian Tablets

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I remember that but I didn’t read it as he was a cats fan. I think he said “ I always had a liking for the cats” or something like that. Clearly his management team thought he pick the cats.
If we go back to when Prestia came to us I am pretty sure the demons were interested and his whole family were Melbourne supporters, his Dad still is. We tend to forget this is a career decision for these guys in the end.

Edit : just watched it again and D’Arazio said that Andrew Mackie will say “ You are the man” and Hopper said “ I’ve always loved the cats”. Not sure what that means exactly
Sounds a bit like the. car salesman that coincidentally always barracks for your team too

• Haha
Nothing you said Sting.
It just gets me angry that a reserves grade footballer is all of sudden a super star because he went to Geelong.
In my eyes he us exactly like Markov without the huge salary
That's the media for you, atm McStay is an A grader apparently & even Bobby Hill is being hyped up as well. No idea when that all happened but once the real stuff starts we'll see their true value return back to what it always has been. It's amazing how some players suddenly become Superstars at trade time.

Reactions: 1 users
That's the media for you, atm McStay is an A grader apparently & even Bobby Hill is being hyped up as well. No idea when that all happened but once the real stuff starts we'll see their true value return back to what it always has been. It's amazing how some players suddenly become Superstars at trade time.
Collingwood loves these 5 buck big men.
They have picked up a million of those types over the years Leigh Brown, Jessie White, Wilson from WC,
You never win when you spend big on junk

Interesting sub plot from the doco, Soldo was happy to go to GWS but GWS did not want him. They went cold.

Watched this too and the previous season.

It’s a pretty lame TV / doco outside my personal interest in AFL. I’m wasn’t left very impressed by the player managers either. I guess we don’t see what they have to really do but clearly a profession the mainly clips a ticket and provides some Lubricant where gears are a little rusty / provide emotional support to their players. I’m sure they work hard in this period of time though. They react to things and don’t know in advance but wear nice suits and eat at nice restaurants and have nice pictures in fancy offices.
Agree RE, but I think your being very charitable with the 'not very impressed'. I'd go much further. RD in particular stood out as a dimwitted sycophant. Most of what he said was incoherent. At no time did he do or say anything that seemed remotely insightful or competent. Ditto conners, but not as bad, it was obvious he was trying to portray himself as the gun deal broker but he barely had any input.

Colin Young at least showed some humanity and work ethic, ditto McDougall, but looking good in that caper wouldn't be hard. All you need is a boys network and a hide like a rhinoceros.

I found the doco interesting, but in large part because how amateurish most of the managers are.

Colin Young at least showed some humanity and work ethic, ditto McDougall, but looking good in that caper wouldn't be hard. All you need is a boys network and a hide like a rhinoceros.

I found the doco interesting, but in large part because how amateurish most of the managers are.
Most of them came over as a cross between dodgy used car salesmen/real estate agents, with the morals of alley cats.

Most of them came over as a cross between dodgy used car salesmen/real estate agents, with the morals of alley cats.
I laughed when hopper chipped conners and dorazio for charging too much, and dorazio got instantly defensive, red flag not that he has the brains to realise that, saying ' but they charge 5% in NRL!'

What. A. Goose.

• Haha
I reckon anyone who sees any level of AFL football would be surprised by how amateurish most things are. Actually you could say that for most professional sports.
doesn't make it right ! Bit sad really.

(edit, I used a couple of the Brisbane Lions physios for a few years, they were absolute guns. Other than that, I've heard some stories about some clubs that would back you up AFL-wise)

Last edited: