Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
His career average for clearances is 4.7. Last 3 games he has 4,4 and 5. He was poor in the 1st game in this respect but has been ok since then. He's averaging down in centre clearances but good around the ground.
That's fair posh. It's a small sample. I'll cut him a fair bit of slack until we have more to work with but it's a watch this space.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Hoping it is just a corky and an off game. I think the ball got squeezed between his bent leg.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Out Hopper, Ross in middle to take his spot and Banks debut on wing
Reckon I’d bring Young back in as Essendon play two ruckmen, with one resting forward, plus Weideman, so might need a bit of extra height. Move Hugo to the wing and Ross on ball

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Reckon I’d bring Young back in as Essendon play two ruckmen, with one resting forward, plus Weideman, so might need a bit of extra height. Move Hugo to the wing and Ross on ball
Ross plays on ball now with Hoppers injury.

The mix forward against the Cats was good to see. Keep the % of midfield & forward for Cotch, Shai, Dusty.

Opportunity has arisen for Ross.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reading between the lines, the saying by most that Hop 'misses the Dreamtime game' sounds more like it's just that one and then he's back against Port.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Are they calling it awareness? Hamstring? Scoop was a first quarter injury that he held onto for 30-40 minutes but couldn't walk.

Hopper gets time. And resumes his heretofore fine Richmond career.

But in the context of the R9 game Hopper's injury advantaged Geelong. In the context of the season RFC has ten goals improvement on that performance with luck. (The other kind of luck.)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reading between the lines, the saying by most that Hop 'misses the Dreamtime game' sounds more like it's just that one and then he's back against Port.
Now wrong with these thoughts. He injured the soleus in the lower leg and is out medium-term (nice way to cover actual weeks:rolleyes:) Hope it's a short medium...

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Listed as out for 4 weeks although once he starts on Meehans program that should ensure he misses the rest of the season.

See Soldo has gone from 1 week out to 4-6 weeks now and Smith back to Long-Term from Medium Term.

The mismanagement continues.

The fact that the timeline to return to play changes every week is a fair indication that our fitness and rehab team are clueless

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Listed as out for 4 weeks although once he starts on Meehans program that should ensure he misses the rest of the season.

See Soldo has gone from 1 week out to 4-6 weeks now and Smith back to Long-Term from Medium Term.

The mismanagement continues.

The fact that the timeline to return to play changes every week is a fair indication that our fitness and rehab team are clueless
A broken nail = forced retirement.
Unbelievable.
What the *smile* is going on?
Instead of the weeks decreasing they are increasing.
Cibcus did a hammy 11 weeks ago. He wouldve recovered quicker if his leg just fell off and they attached a new one.
Brown the superstar pick 17. His weeks have stayed the same since march.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A broken nail = forced retirement.
Unbelievable.
What the *smile* is going on?
Instead of the weeks decreasing they are increasing.
Cibcus did a hammy 11 weeks ago. He wouldve recovered quicker if his leg just fell off and they attached a new one.
Brown the superstar pick 17. His weeks have stayed the same since march.
I think Brown had a misdiagnosed Scaphoid fracture which must've been unstable or displaced or become that way leading him to have to have surgery if I am not mistaken.

I might be wrong and happy to be corrected. In regard to Toms circumstances.

Scaphoids are a prick of a fracture due to their poor blood supply in regard to healing.

As for Hopper.

Soleus strain ? Just say Calf strain or tear, too many big words creeping into the vernacular, are they trying to baffle the peeps with BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As for Hopper.

Soleus strain ? Just say Calf strain or tear, too many big words creeping into the vernacular, are they trying to baffle the peeps with BS.
Sort of relates to me craigo. Aren't the calf and soleus a bit separate? This is where the weeping leg ulcer developed. I suppose it's due to my left leg been swollen.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Sort of relates to me craigo. Aren't the calf and soleus a bit separate? This is where the weeping leg ulcer developed. I suppose it's due to my left leg been swollen.
Soleus helps makes up the calf with other muscles but for the lay fans easier to keep it simple imo.

That does not sound like a pleasant situation TF hopes it under control.

Reactions: 1 user