Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

as much as im a fan of Hopper,

I reckon hes comfortably our most replaceable mid.

JG can equal his role, Marlion can exceed it.

opportunity.

please, please, Dimma,

dont put JRoss in there.
One of the hidden upsides of the Tarranto hopper entries is it means if we lose a midfielder it isn’t the massive knock on effect it was last year.

An in form bolton and Prestia probably still the biggest impact if they miss.

Reactions: 2 users
as much as im a fan of Hopper,

I reckon hes comfortably our most replaceable mid.

JG can equal his role, Marlion can exceed it.

opportunity.

please, please, Dimma,

dont put JRoss in there.
I think Sonsie will come in to replace him.

Dimma wont want to be tinkering with the structure that I believe is our winning formula.

Reactions: 1 users
He seemed to hurt his calf early in the game & kept playing? :(
Yep, Dimma said in the post match presser he felt “calf awareness” early in the game. Really hope we didn’t make his injury worse by failing to sub him as soon as he felt discomfort!

Reactions: 1 user
Soleus are terrible to deal with. Awkward place to to try and target for strength exercises. This dad bod took 8 months to get pain free.

Bloody painful too. Even a massage on a tight soleus will have you reaching to rip your physios eyes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dry needling, electro shock, massage, strapping, alcohol.

Oh geez, you've just reminded me of the time I had dry needling and it was inserted directly into a knot in my soleus. If it wasn't bad enough he then twisted it to release more blood to help it recover. Painnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Oh geez, you've just reminded me of the time I had dry needling and it was inserted directly into a knot in my soleus. If it wasn't bad enough he then twisted it to release more blood to help it recover. Painnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Softttttttt!!!!! They used a cricket stump to dry needle mine. I just laughed :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Well, well, well. Seems ya learn something new every day. Always thought your arseholeous was up between your butt cheeks not way down the back of your leg.
Had me a bit nervous there for a bit all that talk about dry needling, electro shock and strapping to treat an injured arseholeous, sounds more like the stuff of nightmares n kinky bondage.

• Haha
Yeah best advice I can give anyone is to stay dead still don't move a muscle and just lay there. Resisting the urge to make wife jokes intensifies....

We're a better side with Hopper in. But.

When he and Taranto join forces in our midfield it's too much about their old ways and not enough about getting each of them to gain understanding of the other mids - Shai, Martin, Short, Dion, Cotchin, Graham.

This stuff takes time. And Hopper's month long absence might speed this up.

Last week we scrapped a mediocre win against a side that opened with a midfield of Bruhn, Atkins and Holmes. A Fitzroy class midfield. We should have flogged them by ten goals if we were in any kind of form. We can be frank with ourselves - we will miss Hopper. But our midfield synergy is not right yet. Maybe breaking up the old pair for a few weeks will help us a little with this.

Sure. Ruck defence will help. We miss Nankervis hopelessly and will profit from his return if only so he can stop the horrendous bleeding. At one stage last week against Fitzroy we were 1-7 for CB clearance based largely on ruck rout. But also on lack of understanding of who will be where and when. It's not like we were sharking anything. Our formations looked *smile*.

As much as we need Hopper we need more synergy in the middle. Better understanding.

Reactions: 9 users
We can forget about Geesook.
If we play them again they'll start with Danger, Guthrie, Blicavs.
Duncan Atkins and Holmes as changeup. Its a hefty pack. Solid scrum.
But largely one paced.

Speed man speed.
Hopps out gives more room for run.
More time for Duz Dion and Cotch to have little spells

Reactions: 1 users
We're a better side with Hopper in. But.

When he and Taranto join forces in our midfield it's too much about their old ways and not enough about getting each of them to gain understanding of the other mids - Shai, Martin, Short, Dion, Cotchin, Graham.

This stuff takes time. And Hopper's month long absence might speed this up.

Last week we scrapped a mediocre win against a side that opened with a midfield of Bruhn, Atkins and Holmes. A Fitzroy class midfield. We should have flogged them by ten goals if we were in any kind of form. We can be frank with ourselves - we will miss Hopper. But our midfield synergy is not right yet. Maybe breaking up the old pair for a few weeks will help us a little with this.

Sure. Ruck defence will help. We miss Nankervis hopelessly and will profit from his return if only so he can stop the horrendous bleeding. At one stage last week against Fitzroy we were 1-7 for CB clearance based largely on ruck rout. But also on lack of understanding of who will be where and when. It's not like we were sharking anything. Our formations looked *smile*.

As much as we need Hopper we need more synergy in the middle. Better understanding.
I can see what you’re saying… but we missed him immensely. Prestia was unsighted, not sure what that was about. Hopper plays and we win. His replacement (Dow) was also unsighted. Thought he deserved a go based on VFL form but he showed nothing