Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Thought he was fantastic in the first half. Best he's played for us.

Quite ineffectual in the second as our midfield got overwhelmed and Cripps took hold.

Maybe ran out of legs with Meatball off. Not sure, but the first half is the baseline. Hope he keeps it up.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Thought he was fantastic in the first half. Best he's played for us.

Quite ineffectual in the second as our midfield got overwhelmed and Cripps took hold.

Maybe ran out of legs with Meatball off. Not sure, but the first half is the baseline. Hope he keeps it up.

Yes he was great.

And while it is exceedingly poor list management to pay a tagger $5m,

I was all for it, and now lay in our bed.

But yes, more please.

Bullying cripps is a rare skill set

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He was great until HT. Only 5 possessions in the second half. Just the one centre clearance from 19 attendances.
Still it was an improvement.

Don't worry too much about the clearance number. I took a screenshot of the text in the AFL app at half time. He'd had 11 contested possessions to half time with 8 of those possessions coming post clearance. Ie. he didn't directly win the pill at the clearancxe but was directly involved in getting the ball out of the contest and towards the outside.

He was pivotal in the first half until they seemed to tag him out of the game. Not sure who was on him 2nd half (I assume Hewett) but will have to watch the game back on the tv.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don't worry too much about the clearance number. I took a screenshot of the text in the AFL app at half time. He'd had 11 contested possessions to half time with 8 of those possessions coming post clearance. Ie. he didn't directly win the pill at the clearancxe but was directly involved in getting the ball out of the contest and towards the outside.

He was pivotal in the first half until they seemed to tag him out of the game. Not sure who was on him 2nd half (I assume Hewett) but will have to watch the game back on the tv.

Oh and those clearance and post clearance numbers were super important.

Up until 3 quarter time, we'd massively outplayed Carlton at their own game. We'd scored 7.2.44 to 0.3.3 from stoppage. Insanely high numbers for us for scoring from stoppage and Nank and Hopper were front and centre for that work to get it out and into scoring positions.

Reactions: 7 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Oh and those clearance and post clearance numbers were super important.

Up until 3 quarter time, we'd massively outplayed Carlton at their own game. We'd scored 7.2.44 to 0.3.3 from stoppage. Insanely high numbers for us for scoring from stoppage and Nank and Hopper were front and centre for that work to get it out and into scoring positions.
Observationally our midfielders did tire badly in the last quarter due to limited rotations - the effort was there, but they just fatigued.

There’ll also be a different dynamic via Prestia’s replacement (whether that be Sonsie, McAuliffe or whoever).

As well as Nankervis, I thought we better mixed in Bolton and Martin at centre bounces last night too - vast improvement on the Gold Coast debacle.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He was flying preseason remember?

That is until exposed to the rigors of AFL football.

This is now a major list issue.
Oldie, You can't blame Hopper he chose us instead of Geelong, that means alot.
We wouldve burnt the picks..
The kids on "Footy full of shitt" showed the kids that were selected with those picks, ive never heard of any of them.
It's the position we are in.
Older players are close to the end.
22-26yr old players not premiership quality
And no stand out Kids coming through
That's the scariest bit, in the late 80's early 90's we had Knights Free Campbell Naish Richo Pickering..
We need to go bottom 4 and bring in a Wardlaw or Snzeeel or Walsh.
Then off load Baker to bring in the best marking junior in the country.
I'm not angry.
3 in the bag. Ask Collingwood how hard it is

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
he was constantly injured just before coming to us. we obviously didn't do our due diligence.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
he was constantly injured just before coming to us. we obviously didn't do our due diligence.
We thought we had Mr Miyagi in the medical room.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Last edited:

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
We did. My mail is we knew the extent of knee issues but took the risk. This info was passed onto me start of last year by a tiger supporter that had regular beers with Dimma and Clarkson. Who assesses likelihood and impact then signs off *smile* knows. But Dimma was definetly involved with his thumb on the scales to influence the outcome. Having said all that do we even know it is the same issue from last year?

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Wasnt a dumb decision getting him we knew his body wasnt great but 6 years 800k was dumb and giving up what we did to get him was laughable gws would have gave him away to clear the cap space we *smile* up majorly we need to get dodo over from the bombers he would have got him for a kebab and a can of coke

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Very little chance of this trade working out unfortunately

This kind of injury record at his age very rarely resolves itself

Reactions: 1 users