Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Ah memories, the best part.

Does anyone know if Callum Moore really averaged 10 hitouts a game for Calder ?

Slight change of pace but reckon we might have something here.
Watched him last weekend in the VFL and he's a pretty damn impressive athlete who seems hungry to do well.
Shows a heap of dash, has a good leap and is very hard at it. Footy skills are better than I expected too.
He and Chol are exciting tall projects.

I hope to see this bloke get a chance this year, Oldster. Interesting prospect.

Harry said:
can he be upgraded - replacement for grimes?

Not sure about that yet H. He's pretty raw and the heat goes up substantially at senior level but I like what I see so far.
As Jack says he's an interesting prospect as a key back. This is a good thing. We need players coming through in this position..

Tigers of Old said:
Slight change of pace but reckon we might have something here.
Watched him last weekend in the VFL and he's a pretty damn impressive athlete who seems hungry to do well.
Shows a heap of dash, has a good leap and is very hard at it. Footy skills are better than I expected too.
He and Chol are exciting tall projects.

Very exciting ATHLETE & a ripper mark, unfortunately @ this stage my kicking is better that Callums

taztiger4 said:
Very exciting ATHLETE & a ripper mark, unfortunately @ this stage my kicking is better that Callums

What did you think of his disposal last week, taz? His kicking?

taztiger4 said:
:rofl I hope you kick like a laser beam on both sides. But you are right. Very sketchy kick. Not ready yet.

Dyer'ere said:
What did you think of his disposal last week, taz? His kicking?

at least 1 from each end went higher than longer, no exaggeration !

He could be a player though, loves breaking the lines & is a big kid so he is bloody hard to stop

taztiger4 said:
at least 1 from each end went higher than longer, no exaggeration !

He could be a player though, loves breaking the lines & is a big kid so he is bloody hard to stop

Only 1 from each, taz? Promote him! ;D (Olds was right to note his improvement.)

And I've only seen him hit the football a dozen times and I already liked him. So good to hear him getting some measured praise.

Terrific footballer apart from the kicking thing. And I am being serious not ironic or sardonic or sarcastic.

lamb22 said:
Terrific footballer apart from the kicking thing. And I am being serious not ironic or sardonic or sarcastic.
75% terrific footballer then? :cutelaugh

Are there any good tall defenders in the game who can't kick?

lamb22 said:

I thought that when I saw his draft video after we drafted him last year.

This guys a top 20 pick, then he kicks it and you go, Ohhhhh I get it!!

Stylo said:
Are there any good tall defenders in the game who can't kick?

Not since Lace-Out Luke, Stylo.

And Cale Hooker until recently.

I hear really good thinks about young Callum and I see he kicked 4 in the vfl.

Anyone see it ? I thought he was being groomed as a defender ?

had me googling him a few times to see who he was (shilst watching the VFL game pre the Swans game at Punt Road). Did play a good game, has a suspect kick, very aggressive at the ball, good body size, dosent look like a 193cm type but that's what the stats say!. Still a rookie I believe, no rush but if we want to put the pencil through a few others might be worth a look at some point if he gets elevated.

He's lightning quick and a good contested mark but his kicking in the U18 champs was Butcher-like at times. Hopefully it's not as bad as that - even the best have shanked shots at goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9HaPlgbps

Sintiger said:
I hear really good thinks about young Callum and I see he kicked 4 in the vfl.

Anyone see it ? I thought he was being groomed as a defender ?

Yet another groomed as a defender!
Think theyve finally seen :idea and play him forward where he belongs