Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

wigglyworm

Tiger Rookie
Jan 22, 2008
That running style in the Insta post wasn't the best. It looked pretty clunky. Still a long shot

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
did I hear that his procedure was slightly different, maybe not experimental, but a new ACL procedure that they believe accelerates recovery? If so would be the first major treatment change for some 20+ years.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
did I hear that his procedure was slightly different, maybe not experimental, but a new ACL procedure that they believe accelerates recovery? If so would be the first major treatment change for some 20+ years.

Sounds experimental to me. I wouldn't be risking him. Maybe if he was younger. Is nearly 30yo, if he recommences early and has a set back that could be his career gone. The huge thing coming back from knee reco is confidence in your body and I just don't think coming back for the finals series is going to be beneficial for the team anyway as he'll be nowhere near his best. Give him the extra few months to recover bigger and stronger for a back-to-back premiership tilt next year.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Risk v reward. If we finish top 4 ..... 12th flag temptation will be enormous. At this stage I would have him less than 5% chance of playing. Match fitness, soft tissue injuries, re doing the ligament.. its going to be an interesting call all of August leading up to September.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our backline is in good order.
Im not sure we have the luxury/time for experimenting with 5 games to go.
Let him return next year.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

It's Tiger Time!
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Who's driving the PR on his possible return: Rance or the club? It seems like a needless distraction, and putting Rance as an individual ahead of the team. It's one thing to play and get injured, and another thing to play in a final and be rusty or slow or on tram tracks or just not able to run out a match. Very real risks.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Who's driving the PR on his possible return: Rance or the club? It seems like a needless distraction, and putting Rance as an individual ahead of the team. It's one thing to play and get injured, and another thing to play in a final and be rusty or slow or on tram tracks or just not able to run out a match. Very real risks.

This situation was always going to attract attention. Elite player, hitting 30 yo, Tigers in the premiership window, do we don't we. Media delight.