Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Forever a Tiger legend. Would have to go close to the most loved Tiger apart from Richo and Dusty.

Classic cult hero.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thanks for the memories Towner.

**** I was up and about when you laid that tackle on Crouch.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Get him back for our VFL side !!!

Would be a great addition to help the kids and would brig a bit of that Richmond Man ethos back to the club.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Imho TBV ,Towna is a bloody good footballer , dosent have the natural gifts of most AFL midfielders, however throw him in the middle of any other league and he’s a star . In saying that it was his heart that made him a Premiership player .

Lets not forget he won the JJ Liston as well as a Premiership medallion
Towners purple patch coming into September was a major factor in the Tigers contending.

HIs accuracy in front of goal was vital and many times he converted critical goals.

Forever etched in folklore his 2017 opus.

Reactions: 12 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yep.

Mind you a few Crows players from the 2017 GF are still curled up under their doonahs at home gibbering with fear that Towner might be lining them up again for some hard body contact, tackling or a good old fashioned rag-dolling!

Well played Jacob! Well played!

iu
Fainting Fists of Fury.... looking decidedly pissed off!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep.

Mind you a few Crows players from the 2017 GF are still curled up under their doonahs at home gibbering with fear that Towner might be lining them up again for some hard body contact, tackling or a good old fashioned rag-dolling!

Well played Jacob! Well played!

iu

one of the disappointing things about the Dees winning it this year is that bloke on the left now has a medal - he is a very dislikable player from my perspective.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Hard not to like him, nay love him. An opportunity arose and he grabbed it like he tackled Crouch. I have an enormous respect and adoration for those that seize the moment and he did just that. Bravo, well done and congratulations. You will forever be a Tiger premier and a drought breaking one at that.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sad day.
What a miracle man.
I've always loved players like Townsend that play the game hard but fair.
His last 2 months of 2017 wont be forgotten.
And i don't mind the club giving out life memberships.
Townsend is a legend.

Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Grigga posted on Instagram
“Great team mate. Even better friend”
Whilst The Chief said Towner was one of his all time favourites and universally loved by every team mate, coach and supporter.
Says it all.
Champion bloke

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Loved his time as a Tiger player.

In the GF loved that tackle was the best I have ever witnessed.

Just love the passion he showed. A perfect example is when Hardwick was giving his premiership acceptance speech,when he talked about the players was Townsend’s reaction. Its priceless. Well done to the people’s Tiger Champion.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Four club 60 game journeyman, but he helped the Tigers win their first premiership in over thirty years. Plenty of 200 - 300 game champions will never have the dingly dangly hanging off their neck. But Towner's got one n he bloody well earned the bastard too.

Talk about awesome performances at exactly the right time. Boomshakalaka it's Towner time.

Reactions: 7 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
He will go down as a Tiger champion. You only have to see the reaction from a huge number of players he played with to see how much loved he was.

Reactions: 3 users