Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Also if Nank says he's right to go who's going to stop him unless it's clearly impeding him?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Also if Nank says he's right to go who's going to stop him unless it's clearly impeding him?
Yep. A lot of players selflessly play with a small niggle but risk to get it worse.

The big question goes back to what Julius reported to us in pre-season. Why so many underdone/injured players so early?

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
This area of the club’s operations needs a review. Far too many injuries going into the season, coupled with other soft tissue injuries in first few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A syndesmosis injury and Toms foot fracture are just bad F@#$@^$# luck, it looks like the Tigers are cursed again with injuries to all the wrong players.

Reactions: 8 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A syndesmosis injury and Toms foot fracture are just bad F@#$@^$# luck, it looks like the Tigers are cursed again with injuries to all the wrong players.
Is it bad luck with Lynch though ? If it’s the same foot he had operated on and his plantar fascia severed, and then thrown back into round 1 after just 2 weeks of proper training, is that bad luck ? Maybe - if it’s the other foot but otherwise I dunno.

Short ? Hardwick admitted that was an error. That was just crazy.

Is Graham injured again ? Another one we rushed back in for round 1 off a severely limited pre season.

I noticed Marlion holding his groin behind the play on Saturday night too. I’m not sure we’ve put him back out there in all that healthy a state either.

Reactions: 2 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Is it bad luck with Lynch though ? If it’s the same foot he had operated on and his plantar fascia severed, and then thrown back into round 1 after just 2 weeks of proper training, is that bad luck ? Maybe - if it’s the other foot but otherwise I dunno.

Short ? Hardwick admitted that was an error. That was just crazy.

Is Graham injured again ? Another one we rushed back in for round 1 off a severely limited pre season.
Prestia doesn‘t look right as well. Is he carrying something?

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Just checked AFL site for injury lists leading in to Round 4.
AFL club average number of injuries is 6.6
Richmond had 6 (and yes, I know what happened on the weekend, all club numbers will probably change)
Numbers ranged from 2 (Bris, PA) to 14 (StK)

AFL is a brutal contact sport. These elite athletes are pushed to the limit and sometimes sh*t happens.
I’m sick of the “blame culture” and the inference that our medical staff are crap; and that we have more injuries than everyone else due to poor player management.

We are definitely not an outlier, our injury numbers are about average compared to all clubs.

Reactions: 9 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Richmond had 6 (and yes, I know what happened on the weekend, all club numbers will probably change)

AFL is a brutal contact sport. These elite athletes are pushed to the limit and sometimes sh*t happens.
I’m sick of the “blame culture” and the inference that our medical staff are crap; and that we have more injuries than everyone else due to poor player management.

We are definitely not an outlier, our injury numbers are about average compared to all clubs.
Exactly. We had a dream run in 2017 and people expect that every year.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
My problem is the fitness side of things we are seeing the same thing occurring as last season club should have head hunted a top target I don't want to hear covid crap etc 90% of clubs are back to normal we butchered this decision.Short they admitted was a mistake playing him ,Tarrant same injury reoccurring and Graham hammy.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
Where’s Luke and the rest of the injury report? Needs to do a video explaining it as well. This bloke doesn’t seem up to it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

It’s not about the number of injuries as it is repeat injuries to the same players eg Short, Lynch, Graham, Tarrant, Prestia etc etc.

Are we managing the re-entry or return of players correctly ? The Short one was ridiculous. I’m glad Hooch fessed up to that one.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

It's hilarious. Meehan was there when we won 3 flags and now he's a goose with no idea.

PRE never fails to deliver at times.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He was complaining about something when he ran to the bench on Saturday night too. Couldn’t make out what it was but you might be right.
Might still be favoring that pec strain Redders , I must admit I haven't seen much of him has he been tackling or extending his arms out fully to mark receive the ball tackle or pick the footy up. Was he gesturing to his arm or shoulder chest or legs ect?

I've seen some comments re Dions fumbly football handing off the deck or to receive the ball, if he's favoring that pec and trying to protect a niggle there or it has some stiffness it could very well hamper those aspects of his game enough for it to be more noticeable.

Last edited:

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
There's no suggestion Lynch's foot is a stress type injury, from the sounds of it someone stood on it during the Keath incident.

Nankervis has syndesmosis which is another impact injury on the ankle.

If you want to manage those injuries you need a clairvoyant not a strength and conditioning team.

Reactions: 12 users