Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

It's a massive blow not having Tommy. If Chol plays he must at least bring the ball to ground.
The club knows best being cautious with Tom so I have no problem with it. At the Crows game it was obvious Chol hadn't a clue to play a FF role and so looked like a little boy lost so for me it is not worth the risk playing him in the QF. We have Noah who can pinch hit in the ruck so w have to look at the alternatives of the Markov or Caddy to be the small tall forward unless the MC really go left field and spring a real surprise on us.

Reactions: 1 users
Worse case scenario.
They should've done a 'late withdrawal'
Keep the old codger guessing.
Not sure, why they would make a call so early in the week.
Maybe its worse then the expected or they are taking the precautionary approach.
Now i have to put all my energy into convincing myself Chol can stand up and play a role.
I'm putting all my energy into convincing myself Chol is going to play this friday night...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The club knows best being cautious with Tom so I have no problem with it. At the Crows game it was obvious Chol hadn't a clue to play a FF role and so looked like a little boy lost so for me it is not worth the risk playing him in the QF. We have Noah who can pinch hit in the ruck so w have to look at the alternatives of the Markov or Caddy to be the small tall forward unless the MC really go left field and spring a real surprise on us.
Completely agree.
Broad back and Balta forward.

Completely agree.
Broad back and Balta forward.

Not even Sheedy at his most erratic would have done that.

Program a kid for 2 years to play fullback, play him at fullback, he excels at fullback,

Then stick him at full forward in a Q final?

If we were 7 goals down at 3/4, perhaps,

But otherwise, id say theres a similar chance as donald trump moving to Nimbin and remarrying a black woman and starting a Chai teepee.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Time will tell. ..I think they both may happen! Could make Nimbin great again.

I dont think Balta forward is so radical. Lions only have Hipwood and Mc I... Broad matches Hipwood perfectly...we have seen this.
Balta is wasted against Lions down back.
We have no one to take the heat off JR and no Nank chopout.
Balta would be a weapon.especially if Andrews misses now Dimma told them he is not needed.
The Mexicans might still pay for the wall , a vax for covid might be found and Balta may kick 5.

Great to see the club playing it safe with injuries for a final.

Besides, Jack Riewoldt is in match winning finals form and Brisbane won’t know how to plan for our unpredictable forward setup.

Jack will be tuning up the orchestra for a big one. Conductor of the small forward symphony.

Then if we play Brisbane a second time in a month, we’ll be able to hit them with the heavy hitter, so they’ll never quite feel comfortable with how we play.

Reactions: 4 users
Worse case scenario.
They should've done a 'late withdrawal'
Keep the old codger guessing.
Not sure, why they would make a call so early in the week.
Maybe its worse then the expected or they are taking the precautionary approach.
Now i have to put all my energy into convincing myself Chol can stand up and play a role.

I think its reverse psychology , we are already in their heads ,

This is our team , we don’t need to play silly games , we back ourselves , try and stop us

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Time will tell. ..I think they both may happen! Could make Nimbin great again.

I dont think Balta forward is so radical. Lions only have Hipwood and Mc I... Broad matches Hipwood perfectly...we have seen this.
Balta is wasted against Lions down back.
We have no one to take the heat off JR and no Nank chopout.
Balta would be a weapon.especially if Andrews misses now Dimma told them he is not needed.
The Mexicans might still pay for the wall , a vax for covid might be found and Balta may kick 5.

Nank is more then capable up forward no issue there.

Reactions: 1 user
According to Fly, to watch Lynch train, kicking goals from 50, you wouldn't know he was injured. Just had a little 'awareness'.

Reactions: 6 users
According to Fly, to watch Lynch train, kicking goals from 50, you wouldn't know he was injured. Just had a little 'awareness'.

It was a great 1 hour Zoom hook up wasn't it Spook.

A lot of interesting stuff covered.

Thank god Balmey's ok after his health scare.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I disagree.

I dont see any upside in ruling him out on monday

Just gives fagan 5 days to plan on dusty at FF.

Im pleased we are being cautious with him, weve got bigger fish to fry,

But why uneccessarily Telegraph our hand?

Tigers have never played the secretive game with the opposition when it comes to player injuries. Ruled him out early so announced it. Undoubtedly have chosen a replacement giving them time to confidently prepare.

Tigers have never played the secretive game with the opposition when it comes to player injuries. Ruled him out early so announced it. Undoubtedly have chosen a replacement giving them time to confidently prepare.
yep. Gives JR8 a week of clear water to think over his roles too.

Fagan will have changed his mind 5 times by Friday night on what to do. If anything it works in our favour

It was a great 1 hour Zoom hook up wasn't it Spook.

A lot of interesting stuff covered.

Thank god Balmey's ok after his health scare.
A bit of track for lynch topic, but a really good pretty open zoom... I was impressed

Lynch killed ‘em last game.
Big blow not having him play

Not even Sheedy at his most erratic would have done that.

Program a kid for 2 years to play fullback, play him at fullback, he excels at fullback,

Then stick him at full forward in a Q final?

If we were 7 goals down at 3/4, perhaps,

But otherwise, id say theres a similar chance as donald trump moving to Nimbin and remarrying a black woman and starting a Chai teepee.
Chai peepee?

• Haha
A bit of track for lynch topic, but a really good pretty open zoom... I was impressed
Agree Bairdy, Spook and Caesar. I found all of the people who spoke to be very interesting. Balmey is just such a cool, calm person, no surprise he is so well respected throughout the footy world. Balmey was glowing of Jack Graham's Prelim efforts, and I loved how Neil said how much joy it gives him watching the boys play, sounded like us fans! It was interesting when Fly said that it was only the second time we have trained as a full team yesterday after some easing of restrictions. Previously it was in groups of nine, making it tough to get connection and flow into the training sessions (that is me paraphrasing there). Kate Sheehan spoke well about the AFLW program and Simon from Marketing and Katherine were good also. A very enjoyable hour listening to some Tiger talk!

Reactions: 5 users
Agree Bairdy, Spook and Caesar. I found all of the people who spoke to be very interesting. Balmey is just such a cool, calm person, no surprise he is so well respected throughout the footy world. Balmey was glowing of Jack Graham's Prelim efforts, and I loved how Neil said how much joy it gives him watching the boys play, sounded like us fans! It was interesting when Fly said that it was only the second time we have trained as a full team yesterday after some easing of restrictions. Previously it was in groups of nine, making it tough to get connection and flow into the training sessions (that is me paraphrasing there). Kate Sheehan spoke well about the AFLW program and Simon from Marketing and Katherine were good also. A very enjoyable hour listening to some Tiger talk!

I am really disappointed that I couldn't join that session, I had another zoom meeting set up for the same time slot. Don't you just hate it when these things clash.
Bu99er :mad:

I am really disappointed that I couldn't join that session, I had another zoom meeting set up for the same time slot. Don't you just hate it when these things clash.
Bu99er :mad:
That's a shame TT, but they may be offering more of these in the future.

Yep and Fly saying the reason we performed so well with bringing in soldiers this year was due to our years' of VFL success and the players having learnt the Richmond system, (he gave Egg, Oleg, Noah, Aarts as examples). In this regards he said it has pretty much been a wasted year of development for the 1st year players in many respects and bloody hard for those on the periphery, ( having to don Essendon and Melbourne jumpers :vomitin scratchies as an example).
You just don't get a game with the Tige's if you can't play the Richmond way which can take several seasons to learn.

Reactions: 3 users