Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

The way the ball is being delivered into the forward on the majority of occasions needs to be addressed.
Long bombs to a pack aren't efficient or productive and easily defended.
The forward line structure needs reworking because that part of the game style, in my opinion, is proving to be a liability.
Lynch, if he's not carrying an injury as some have suggested, needs to get on his bike and wheel around the forward fifty creating options and space.

He got me angry tonight.
Dropped some sitters,
Can't kick to save himself.
Maybe he needs a rest

Reactions: 1 users
He got me angry tonight.
Dropped some sitters,
Can't kick to save himself.
Maybe he needs a rest
.i thought he worked his arse off against numbers...jacks the worry - hasn't marked overhead for 3 weeks...barely presenting

Reactions: 1 user
The thing with Lynch is I don't think he is, or has ever been more than a middling pack mark.

He's good one out, good on the lead and average at best in a pack.

His best footy has always been hitting up 30-60 from goal and he did more of that last week but it didn't seem as prevalent last night.

I'd love to know the nature of the foot issue he had pre-season and how that is impacting on his ground coverage, before we hang him.
I'd love to know what you mean by average in regard to pack marks. Average for a number 1 fwd in a top side? average for a KPP? Pack marks are a rare beast, full stop. Some say its the most difficult skill in the game and you can't really argue that. Richo for example, was a freak. If you looked at this objectively, pack marks taken in fwd 50, he would be well above average, Lynch that is. He doesn't take many, but neither does anybody else.

Its a bit like saying a brain surgeon is average at brain surgery.

14 goals 16 behinds this season if I'm not mistaken Tommy, thats sheizenhausen.

Considering at least 10 of those misses have been sodas if not more.

He’s just not a one touch player (to use a British football term.) Everything is a double grab, it bounces out of his hands, he fumbles. Slow.

Good thing is, apart from the Dogs game, he’s so badly out of form that there can only be upside with him.

Reactions: 2 users
He’s just not a one touch player (to use a British football term.) Everything is a double grab, it bounces out of his hands, he fumbles. Slow.

Good thing is, apart from the Dogs game, he’s so badly out of form that there can only be upside with him.
Nice observation my Dear Redness.

I'd almost consider dropping him to find some form and confidence in the 2's.

.i thought he worked his arse off against numbers...jacks the worry - hasn't marked overhead for 3 weeks...barely presenting

Its hard for Jack when he's held out of every contest, you probably can't see it on the tv, but its so obvious at the ground (apart from to the umps)

Reactions: 1 users
Its hard for Jack when he's held out of every contest, you probably can't see it on the tv, but its so obvious at the ground (apart from to the umps)
Against Port Alir pushed held and shoved Jack all night I was ready to kick the #%&%# outta my TV it was infuriating.

Our defenders are often getting blocked and held also.

Our forward line and entry into it continues to be a huge problem for us. It’s been this way most of the season. Only 9 marks inside the 50 with more entries than GWS who took 17.

We’re kicking it way too much to Lynch, there’s too many high balls that are easily spoiled, and everything gets messy and hard after that. And we don’t have the same level of pressure in there either.

We’re too easy to defend against right now.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, what players get away with in terms of holding and blocking as the ball is coming in to a marking contest is beyond a joke. They have the balance very wrong.

As for Lynch, I don't know what the problem is. I think he needs to be more mobile and going on the lead more often. I thought he moved a bit better tonight. His goal kicking radar is right off at the moment. I suspect it is a confidence thing but how you change that I don't know.

DS

14 goals 16 behinds this season if I'm not mistaken Tommy, thats sheizenhausen.

Considering at least 10 of those misses have been sodas if not more.
*smile* he is an ordinary back up ruckman too.
It got to a stage last night i was hoping we wouldn't kick the ball in his direction.
Taylor is a top class defender, but lynch is taller and heavier.

Lynch is a classy player. We need him firing but last night to me showed he:s completely devoid of confidence. From his fumbling, to dropping marks, to kicking for goal, even his ruck contests. I hope he can snap out of it.

Jack Bruce at 400 grand a year is better than big Tom at 1 million. Huge disappointment and what another 4 or 5 years.