Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Didn’t realise it was a debate. To judge a club by what some supporters did over 10 years ago is a bit odd. Especially given tanking was almost approved by all. It’s like oppo supporters calling tigers supporters bandwagoners. Or the ninthmond stuff. I like the way the Dees go about it and play. I wouldn’t begrudge them a flag after decades of misery.
It's nothing of the sort.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Melbourne has been irrelevant during my time supporting of the Tigers. Only rarely have they caused us any angst, certainly not in finals and I have never had an altercation with Melb fan at a game
Can name only about three people I know who seriously barrack for them.
So if they win it all no issue to me.
Dogs, Swans, Giants, Freo again nothing against them or their fans
Cats my footy mad nephew loves them so I have ruled the roost last 4 years. Maybe it is his year now we are out of the way

Essendon big issues with their fans.
Port , I'm still getting over that final, so no.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's probably unpopular but I don't mind the Essendon improvement. Tigers can claim credit with Rutten/Caracella instrumental in the progress. And they play a decent brand and they have some promising kids/youth. Darcy Parish is probably the No.2 mid in the comp behind the Bont. Having a sensational year. (Dusty not included).

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
It's probably unpopular but I don't mind the Essendon improvement. Tigers can claim credit with Rutten/Caracella instrumental in the progress. And they play a decent brand and they have some promising kids/youth. Darcy Parish is probably the No.2 mid in the comp behind the Bont. Having a sensational year. (Dusty not included).

Stop being so magnanimous.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Money still on Brisbane to come over the top of everyone and take the trophey.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Not Cats, Diving, Cheating thugs who constantly get away with murder, Selwood, Hawkins, Diverfield etc.

Not Dees, cheating Dees who tanked to get those picks before us, were fined and the AFL paid them ! Entitled fickle fans, deserve more pain.

Anyone else.....whatever

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It will be a Perth finals series won't it?

finals with no crowds would be completely *smile*

and if it stays in Vic, they'll play finals on that abomination of a soccer pitch in Geelong.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not Cats, Diving, Cheating thugs who constantly get away with murder, Selwood, Hawkins, Diverfield etc.

Not Dees, cheating Dees who tanked to get those picks before us, were fined and the AFL paid them ! Entitled fickle fans, deserve more pain.

Anyone else.....whatever
I want the Dee's to win, they did give us Dusty after-all.

Look I am not enamoured with their high brow supporter base but I do have a good friend who is a 50 year Melbourne member and wouldn't be opposed to her experiencing the joy of winning a flag. It still would be cruel though after 50 years of waiting Melbourne supporters in all likelihood won't be able to attend.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
ANYONE BUT GEELONG
Could not agree more.
Also hope to see the Druggies out if they even make it to the finals.
My preference would be the Doggies mainly due to my maternal family all came from Newport, and my uncle was a Footscray supporter.
Went with him a few times in those good old days when they played at their home ground in Footscray.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Melbourne has been irrelevant during my time supporting of the Tigers. Only rarely have they caused us any angst, certainly not in finals and I have never had an altercation with Melb fan at a game
Can name only about three people I know who seriously barrack for them.
So if they win it all no issue to me.
Dogs, Swans, Giants, Freo again nothing against them or their fans
Cats my footy mad nephew loves them so I have ruled the roost last 4 years. Maybe it is his year now we are out of the way

Essendon big issues with their fans.
Port , I'm still getting over that final, so no.
The only time I can really remember Melbourne being an issue for us was the final round of ‘98, when they denied us finals. We didn’t even have to win the game, just not lose by a lot. Farmer took a screamer early (think it was on Scott Turner) and it was all over from that point on. Got smashed and finished 9th.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
MD Jazz, please see me after class.

Essendon...:vomit

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
I hope Melbourne win it.
I don't want Sleepy Hollow to win, not one redeeming feature the supporters I know are smart arses, the jumper is horrible, the song is garbage, favoured by the AFL, MRO etc.
The other club I don't want to win is Port Adelaide I cannot stand the President.