Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I have a few close friends who are Melbourne supporters so I would be happy for them . Interestingly none of them were private school boys, are members of the Melbourne club or Royal South Yarra tennis club, none are MCC members and none of them snow ski
Sounds like they should have barracked for the Tigers.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Would make me vomit seeing that ducking cheat Selwood up on the dias holding a premiership cup aloft.

And the sycophants of AFL media creaming themselves over Dangerflog winning a flag, and having his arrogant grin plastered all over the papers and the internet. The wank-fest is bad enough over him as it is.
Here Here BB well said

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have a few close friends who are Melbourne supporters so I would be happy for them . Interestingly none of them were private school boys, are members of the Melbourne club or Royal South Yarra tennis club, none are MCC members and none of them snow ski

I have a mate who is a Melbourne member (football club, not MCC) and he can't stand the way the MCC treat the MFC members like sh1t.

DS

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If Wet Coke keep losing as they are to Freo now, it looks like the Bummers will finish 8th.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong looked nervous at the end of the St Kilda game. Tried to ice the clock with 5-6 minutes left.
reckon Melbourne will run through them this week. Hopefully destroy their confidence for the finals.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sure, but for me seeing their own supporters celebrating a loss and singing our song in glee when we beat them put Melbourne and it's supporters into a class of their own.
Plenty of supporters condone tanking from all clubs. Especially back then when it was almost a club endorsed strategy for those out of contention. Many here are suggesting or hoping we lose to the hawks to move up the draft order.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Before the Stewart injury I thought it was the cats to lose…. Now I am not so sure. He is just about the last bloke they would want to lose with their game plan revolving around him waxing across HB. They got rolled when GWS tagged him and looked very shaky back there against the Saints. It’s a bit like when Rance went down - except they don’t have the time or personnel to adjust.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Plenty of supporters condone tanking from all clubs. Especially back then when it was almost a club endorsed strategy for those out of contention. Many here are suggesting or hoping we lose to the hawks to move up the draft order.
Equating the murmurings on this forum to what MFC supporters did is channelling rosy.if you can't see the difference then there's no point having this debate.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The nightmare scenario would be Port v Geesook. Would be the icing on the cake of a absolutely crap 2021 Hence expecting it to happen.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I really don't give a fat rats clacker, as long as it's not the sookpussies of tankmelbun. Can't stand either of them.

This will be the first year in decades I won't be watching or attending a Grand Final. The AFL have effectively killed my love of the game.

It's a pity there won't be much local footy to watch, Damn covid.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The nightmare scenario would be Port v Geesook. Would be the icing on the cake of a absolutely crap 2021 Hence expecting it to happen.
My Rankings from don't mind to can't stand.
GWS because of Cameron
Melbourne
Footscary
Sydney
The Rutten Express
Brisbane
Port
Geelong

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Sure, but for me seeing their own supporters celebrating a loss and singing our song in glee when we beat them put Melbourne and it's supporters into a class of their own.
Didn't that win get us Dusty at #3 when they took $cully and Trengove?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Didn't that win get us Dusty at #3 when they took $cully and Trengove?
I think so, or it may have been the Kruzer years. Can't remember which of the two years MFC did everything they could to lose games

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Anyone but Geelong. I'm finding myself not hating Melbourne as much as I used to, but don't really care as long as it is not the corrupt cats.

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Anyone but Geelong. I'm finding myself not hating Melbourne as much as I used to, but don't really care as long as it is not the corrupt cats.
The only thing that can save 2021 is seeing Dangerflog, Porkins, Salty Scotty and Duckwood trudging off the park again knowing they are one year closer to the end without a Cup

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Equating the murmurings on this forum to what MFC supporters did is channelling rosy.if you can't see the difference then there's no point having this debate.
Didn’t realise it was a debate. To judge a club by what some supporters did over 10 years ago is a bit odd. Especially given tanking was almost approved by all. It’s like oppo supporters calling tigers supporters bandwagoners. Or the ninthmond stuff. I like the way the Dees go about it and play. I wouldn’t begrudge them a flag after decades of misery.