Round 11: the ear hair games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11: the ear hair games.

Blatant cheating they won the prelim and GF by biased umpiring, we have been cheated for years.
The number of non decisions and looking the other way that went on in the last 5 minutes of their prelim was extraordinary.

They can shut the f up about umpiring decisions for at least 10 years as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: 8 users
Sign of a good team that goes in with Dean, Richards, Sullivan, Parker, Harrison and Allan with about a dozen games between them and wins, well should’ve.

Reactions: 2 users
How is it that the scum made Fyfe look like a broken down old hack yet when he played against us we made he look a champ. FFS I'm starting to worry about our future.

How is it that the SCUM play 8 players who have played 10 or less games, go over to WA and nearly get the points and we get spanked by this mob at The G. Whoever is looking after the kids down at Tigerland is doing a SH*t* job or the recuiting guy was a complete FW.
That's what is worrying me too. McRae pit his stamp on his team fairly quickly - they win so many games (and were close tonight) because their disposal is usually so much sharper than the opposition. Not just by foot, but their hand-balling is so good, very few miss the target and many to the receiver's advantage to run hard into attack. Freo just so much sloppier.

I have long believed our recruiter was not good enough, but still waiting to see Yze's stamp on this team manifest. I know it will take more time, delayed further by a horror injury run.
But testing our patience atm.

Reactions: 3 users
Yze and other coaches should probably study Cwood and see how they still manage to kick goals without any KPF’s to speak of.
Mihocek is a deadset lionheart. Mobile, ferocious competitor. And Cox is 7 feet tall and honest in the air.

I know they didn't play last night (they only kicked 10 goals) but Elliott is a star who plays tall and then you throw DeGoey up there. Plus Hill and McCreery. It's not a bad forwardline. Very Richmondy.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a very even year with twelve teams with percentages between 100 and 120 percent. I still think the Pies are a massive chance to go back to back unfortunately. I would back them against the Swans at the G.

Reactions: 1 user
How is it that the scum made Fyfe look like a broken down old hack yet when he played against us we made he look a champ. FFS I'm starting to worry about our future.
Get used to it for the next few years, it'll be like the bad old days, spuds, no-names and backmen kicking bags against us and players getting huge possession numbers.

• Sad
The free to Darcy was dialobical, just watched it this morning. No excuse for that, don’t care what the rules are it was a horrible decision.

But in a way was justice for the free to Collingwood at the end of the 1st quarter. Also a horrible decision.

Reactions: 1 users
For context, the umpire who paid the controversial free kick to Darcy, Matthew Nicholls, was close to paying a free for a similar incident about 10 minutes earlier.

There was a pack on the outer wing and Nicholls called for a bounce. Sidebottom was the last player up and had the ball. Nicholls called his name at least twice that I could hear, requesting the ball be returned to him, but Sidebottom placed the ball on the ground. Look at the footage—Nicholls scowls at him and I reckon, at that point, decided anyone else time-wasting was going to get done.

Perfect for Nicholls that it was Collingwood who transgressed again.

For what it's worth, placing the ball on the ground or allowing it to spill away at stoppages, rather than returning it to the umpire, is a little thing that's crept into the game that I'm happy to see unwound.

The next thing that needs to be fixed is creeping over the mark, particularly when we have peanuts aggressively running to and pointing at some imaginary spot, then deliberately running a metre or more past where the mark was taken.

Reactions: 7 users
That's what is worrying me too. McRae pit his stamp on his team fairly quickly - they win so many games (and were close tonight) because their disposal is usually so much sharper than the opposition. Not just by foot, but their hand-balling is so good, very few miss the target and many to the receiver's advantage to run hard into attack. Freo just so much sloppier.

I have long believed our recruiter was not good enough, but still waiting to see Yze's stamp on this team manifest. I know it will take more time, delayed further by a horror injury run.
But testing our patience atm.
Collingwood has been playing their system for a few years now, new players come in and slot in. It is exactly what we used to do. I remember that game against port Adelaide in maybe 2019 when we had Cotchin, Rance, Jack and Dusty all out and won.
We not only have had 39 players so far we have also been implementing a new game plan, so there has been no opportunity to implement it consistently. We have had no continuity, lots of inexperienced players and a new game plan.
Collingwood plug and play.

For context, the umpire who paid the controversial free kick to Darcy, Matthew Nicholls, was close to paying a free for a similar incident about 10 minutes earlier.

There was a pack on the outer wing and Nicholls called for a bounce. Sidebottom was the last player up and had the ball. Nicholls called his name at least twice that I could hear, requesting the ball be returned to him, but Sidebottom placed the ball on the ground. Look at the footage—Nicholls scowls at him and I reckon, at that point, decided anyone else time-wasting was going to get done.

For what it's worth, placing the ball on the ground or allowing it to spill away at stoppages, rather than returning it to the umpire, is a little thing that's crept into the game that I'm happy to see unwound.

The next thing that needs to be fixed is creeping over the mark, particularly when we have peanuts aggressively running to and pointing at some imaginary spot, then deliberately running a metre or more past where the mark was taken.
Yeah, the stand rule when play is a bit frantic has become very rubbery. “Stand, stand, stand” as the player on the mark keeps moving then when the player with the ball moves to kick the man on the mark also moves “play on” yells the umpire.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a ploy Collingwood have used to close out close games when they are in front in the past. If they’ve been caught out so be it.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry. I have little doubt you will see some very "interesting" ones for the Bummers tomorrow night. Several for easy goals I reckon.

Expecting a serious rogering. What the Bummers don't get, the umps will well and truly compensate.

And, worst of all, I agreed to go some weeks back just to be social - with my Arsendon supporting brother who is aching for further payback for all those defeats over recent years. :(
Just quietly remind him of the number of finals they haven't won over the last 20 years n tell him how happy you'll be for him when they finally do get win one.

Yeah, the stand rule when play is a bit frantic has become very rubbery. “Stand, stand, stand” as the player on the mark keeps moving then when the player with the ball moves to kick the man on the mark also moves “play on” yells the umpire.
I reckon we've all seen enough of the stand rule to confidently say it's added nothing to the game.

The sight of umpires holding out their arms like traffic cops when officiating the rule piles absurdity on top of idiocy.

And, yes, the fast ball movement of our game makes 'stand' in general play a complete nonsense.

Reactions: 8 users
Exactly.
Except when they pay 50 for not standing.

I'm not worried about our future I'm certain of it. We are going to be tripe for at least the next 5+ years. Have absolutely the worst young players list in the comp by a country mile.

I'm not worried about our future I'm certain of it. We are going to be tripe for at least the next 5+ years. Have absolutely the worst young players list in the comp by a country mile.
I'm not so critical of the young players as the 'seniors'. Our second-tier seniors are not good enough to take over from the retired/retiring champs.
With 500k + per year at stake, I reckon there are a few who might be more individually focused rather than team-focused.
Where has this 'walking around' syndrome come from? Going missing for a quarter at a time?
Cotch and Jack were strong unselfish leaders. We are experiencing a massive loss in classy leadership.
When kids see petulance and undisciplined acts it gives them the licence to do the same.

Hopper might be the answer in the future but it's hard to get him on the park.