Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

Re: Welcome Sam Lloyd

SCOOP said:
No fitness base prepares someone for what is required at AFL level. He's miles off AFL condition, shape and tank. But that's ok for the first 12 months.

It’s actually what makes him interesting as a prospect. He has unusual upside for a 23 year old player because he has never really been professionally trained before.

Late pick in a weak draft - I like this pick and encourage the methodology that thinks outside the square. Happy to wait and see

fastin bulbous said:
Late pick in a weak draft - I like this pick and encourage the methodology that thinks outside the square. Happy to wait and see

Yeah, like that thinking - our 2014 season certainly doesn't rest on whether Sam Lloyd makes the grade.

I agree, this guy is think outside the square, smart risk at pick 60-odd.

Looks like Jon Dorotich in his highlight package.

This Is Anfield said:
He's a wanker?

:hihi

I should have clarified - just in his footy skills. Although if he gets the opposition supporters thinking he's a wanker, that can't be a bad thing either.

I am going to have to give him a nickname. I have a problem with seeing someone kick a goal or lead and mark and yelling out " Lloydie !!". Feels dirty somehow.

Sintiger said:
I am going to have to give him a nickname. I have a problem with seeing someone kick a goal or lead and mark and yelling out " Lloydie !!". Feels dirty somehow.
What about "Pink"?

SCOOP said:
No fitness base prepares someone for what is required at AFL level. He's miles off AFL condition, shape and tank. But that's ok for the first 12 months.

What do you mean "no fitness base"? Of course he has a fitness base and in comparison to most it would be pretty good. The VFL guys train pretty hard these days in the confines of part time professionals. He will need to knuckle down and work hard but if he is prepared to do the work he will be fine. The one area he will be lacking is all the gym based fitness.

fastin bulbous said:
Four years at Sydney would have laid a solid foundation for fitness and conditioning you would think

Yes, so you would think Gordon will be well ahead Lloyd in fitness terms then ;)

fastin bulbous said:
Four years at Sydney would have laid a solid foundation for fitness and conditioning you would think
Yeah not so sure about the denny firsts though...

Sintiger said:

Christmas?

Sintiger said:

Yeah same, i think I'll just stick to Sammy, that's if he gets a game of course which I think will only happen if injuries happen.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Yeah not so sure about the denny firsts though...

Denny 1sts was a while ago he has played for Mt Eliza 1sts in the MPNFL & then for the Dolphins I the VFL think Bagley & Hibbard have done ok. Pretty sure Milne came out of the VFL also.

How bout Floyd?

for some reason 'pink' or even 'pinky' sounds like your trying to be, subtly, rude ;D