Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I don't expect a lot, I think he's a battling third-string KPD, every side has one, but he exceeded my expectations in tough conditions. Tick.

If he can start taking a couple more CMs he could have a career.

Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Another good game and contribution.
Reasonable scalp in Mitch Owens, who this time last week was supposedly a chance for the Rising Star, until he lowered his colors to Tyler.
No fuss nor frills, just strong, solid, dependable defending, with the big fist at the right time.
Can't wait to see him take down Joe the Goose at the Gabba in a fortnight.

Reactions: 6 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Every Batman needs a Robin and if Tylar keeps improving at this rate, Noah Balta may have found his.

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Would we prefer Tyler get a heap of the ball or keep one of the best young forwards quiet? I asked some mates who played on Owens because he was a non entity…very pleased for Tyler to bounce back with a game like that. Keep playing him, if his improvement keeps up by 2023/24 he will be a more than solid trio with Balta and Gibcus.

Reactions: 7 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Many of our young tall backs in recent years have started out as dour stoppers and as their confidence builds over time have developed into excellent players. Grimes, Broad, DTLD, even Will Thursfield to a lesser extent, although didn't quite come on like we hoped but he wasn't surrounded by the calibre of player in our defense that we have now.

Hoping that Tylar follows a similar progression. There's definitely good signs.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
We are fortunate to have Truck back to assist Noah, Tyler and Josh.

Our defense is definitely improving, particularly since Boobs has been back. The guy from Champion Data said yesterday on SEN that when Broad was suspended, we were rated about 10th in some key defensive indicators. Since he's been back, we are around 2nd. He's become extremely important, and I'm stoked he re-signed for another 2 years.

We are turning a weakness into a strength and as we know, special things can happen if your defense is rock solid.

Reactions: 4 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
No idea what his ceiling might be, but his trajectory is off the charts. Deserves a place in the pantheon of superhunks.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Many of our young tall backs in recent years have started out as dour stoppers and as their confidence builds over time have developed into excellent players. Grimes, Broad, DTLD, even Will Thursfield to a lesser extent, although didn't quite come on like we hoped but he wasn't surrounded by the calibre of player in our defense that we have now.

Hoping that Tylar follows a similar progression. There's definitely good signs.
That is the crux of the matter. He is improving week on week. Not there yet but as you say, the signs are good

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Balta's a long way down on that list, but interestingly Sam Taylor isn't even on it. Taylor's AA and would also have been on our board when we selected Noah.

Two in the top 20 is above the odds.

Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Balta's a long way down on that list, but interestingly Sam Taylor isn't even on it. Taylor's AA and would also have been on our board when we selected Noah.

Two in the top 20 is above the odds.
Youngy is a defensive defender , Noah an intercepting attacking defender , so no real surprise , I’m liking the improvement in TY in recent weeks , the kid is learning fast to play within his limitations and becoming a valuable team member

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Few things, the Sicily number staggers me, thought he was awful one on one. Tom Barrass in a horrible side, impressive.
Jack Buckleys number is amazing, 81 contests, no one else over 64. Great percentage.

Our boy stacks up very well. Interesting to note most of the top were taken outside the first two rounds of the draft.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Balta’s percentage is great considering he goes for marks a lot more then most defenders do